Cryoserverâ€™s Email Archiving Offered as an Application or Hosted on The Cloud
Cryoserver Email archiving software is a standalone application which in addition to archiving email messages offers fast search of the information stored in messages through indexing.
Now-a-days email systems provide more features than just transferring messages or simple notes.
Many government and non-government agencies, small and large businesses, use email systems and backup solutions to save the information.
Email systems and other such communication systems are used to transfer and backup a wide range of data such as contracts and related documents, financial and planning records, HR records, and even Intellectual Property files such as designs, plans and so on. And most of this data is kept in electronic form so that it is accessible whenever needed. One such email archiving product is offered by Cryoserver.
Cryoserverâ€™s email archiving software backs up emails so that information can be restored at any point in the future should the need arise.
In addition to this, it provides a search feature that users can utilize to find information in backed up emails even without restoring the information in first place.
Email Archiving Benefits
- Rapid retrieval of historical or lost emails.
- Basic and advanced searching of the archive, reducing the time to locate emails.
- Import and Export of emails to and from the archive allowing migration and email recovery.
- Scalable, extensible storage solutions accommodating the business email capacity as it rises.
- Reduced administration cost associated with dependence on tape storage.
- Mirroring and auto-replication of emails providing disaster recovery for email data.
- Large email processing capability allowing emails of virtually unlimited size to be processed â€“ providing flexibility and assurance of smooth email data capture.
- Seamless access via LDAP/Active directory integration â€“ providing simple, hassle free automatic access to the archive for individual users.
- Privileged, audited searches protected through our unique data guardian â€˜auditingâ€™ technique.
Cryoserver recently announced that its archiving solution is availableÂ as two different solutions. The first is a local software that can be used to backup emails, the second a cloud hosted service.
The requirements and utilization of each method vary from organization to organization.
Email archive hosted on the cloud: Here the emails are archived in the cloud and all the data is stored in remote data centers. This option provides an extra layer of backup and security, without incurring any extra costs of maintaining and administering the archive â€œin-houseâ€.
Email archive deployed on the client side as an appliance or software: Here the email archiving software is hosted and administered by clients in a local network. This option requires local installation of the software and staff to maintain it and its functionality.
Though Cryoserver offers a plug and play appliance, which can be helpful in installing the application, maintaining the application is a concern.
The expenses may vary for different organizations according to the number of users and email messages. A cloud based archive can be helpful to small business organizations and the application can be cost effective for long term use. Cryoserver offers assistance in finding a solution that suits an organizationâ€™s needs. Also there are migrating options by which an organization can change there preference over time to suit their needs.
Both delivery methods offer similar solutions but the use and its effectiveness may vary for different organizations. It is necessary for an organization to access its requirements and resources to find out which method can be most profitable to them.Advertisement