Microsoft Office Add In ClickSolve
Clicksolve is a Microsoft Office Add In that integrates an Internet mapping and searching feature into several Microsoft Office programs. The programs that benefit from the Office add in are Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
The Office add in basically adds two new context menu entries to the right-click menu of those Microsoft Office programs which when selected will load the default Internet browser and perform the selected action. This can obviously only work if the user has selected text or data in the document at hand. The selected text can span across multiple lines or cells.
Clicksolve integrates itself automatically into the products meaning that you do not have to load it from a menu. It runs out of the box after installation.
Another interesting feature of the Microsoft Office Add in is the ability to choose the default search engine for searching and mapping from a list of available ones.
The default setting makes use of the default search engine in the preferred web browser. The user can change that setting to one or multiple search engines and mapping services. Choosing multiple services will perform a search on all selected ones if a search is initiated by the user. ClickSolve will automatically open each search in a new tab in the default web browser.
Update: the Clicksolve plugin is no longer available on the developer website. We have removed the link to it as it is no longer required. The only option you have is to run Office next to a web browser with search or mapping software open to improve the manual process. There is unfortunately no other option at this point in time than to search manually for the information you are looking for.Advertisement
Oh cool, sort of like Kallout, except Kallout can search more sites, and Kallout works in programs other than Microsoft Office. It doesn’t live in the context menu, instead it sort of gets its own context menu when you hover over a small box that pops up.
Hi I would like to thank Martin and gHacks for the review of ClickSOLVE.
I noticed Blake Elias’s (AKA Blank Alias, Marketing Firm) comment regarding Kallout and I wanted to take a moment to spell out a few of the differences.
– Can do multiple queries with a single click
– Is a office add-on, so it is not running all the time.
– Our code is generally idle except when you launch a search.
– Can work with multiple cell selections in Word Tables and in Excel
– Can launch queries based on Outlook Contacts (ie just right click on a contact to search or map the contacts info)
– Doesn’t get in your way when you are cutting and pasting text you have selected
– DOES NOT send information except when you do a actual search. Kallout may send queries on any text you select (pre-fetch) as long as its running whether you do a search or not. For many this may be a serious security/privacy concern especially on company computers.
– We do not keep a individual history of your queries for targeted marketing, nor your age, sex , etc.
– We do not keep cookies and unique id’s for your computer
I think that many users will be surprised if they take the time to read Kallout’s End User Licensing Agreement.
Kallout does have cute ‘bubbles’, we don’t.
Kallout is a bit different than us and they take a different approach especially to privacy than we do which is fine. Some users certainly may prefer their approach to searching and I expect both will evolve along different paths.
If you liked ClickSolve we would like to introduce our new major update, WooSnap! http://www.woosnap.com. WooSnap takes Internet searching to a new level.
It allows you to organize and perform multiple search in entirely new ways.