TeamViewer 12 ships with faster file transfers
TeamViewer 12 is the latest version of the popular remote control software that is still available as a free and several commercial packages.
The list of changes is long and published on the official TeamViewer site. Not all features found their way into the free version however. This is indicated by version information listed underneath specific features.
One of the more interesting ones, called Remote QuickSteps, is only available to Premium and above customers. The new feature enables you to create one-click shortcuts for remote support actions. This allows you to save time when you want those actions performed as you just need to click once for that with Remote QuickSteps.
All TeamViewer customers benefit from a new sticky note feature. This allows you to leave a sticky note behind on the remote desktop.
Another important change makes file transfers up to 20 times faster according to TeamViewer. File transfer speeds of up to 200 MB/s are now supported by TeamViewer.
TeamViewer 12 supports high frame rate screen sharing with up to 60 fps. The change should improve the visual quality of the feed so that stuttering or lag are experienced less often than before.
The next new feature, Intelligent Connections Setup, improves connections further. It is an automated system that makes adjustment "based on your network conditions and system hardware" to achieve the best possible connection quality.
Last but not least, you may experience smoother remote sessions with TeamViewer 12. This means better feedback from touch, keyboard and mouse activities.
One interesting feature that TeamViewer 12 ships with is support for mobile to mobile remote connections. This is only available for premium accounts and above, but lets you remote control and screen share from Android, iOS or Windows Phone to another cross-platform.
TeamViewer 12 supports remote access to Windows Phone, but that is also only available to Premium and above accounts.
Here is a list of other features new to TeamViewer 12:
- Remote Control Tabs for Mac OS -- Run multiple remote sessions on Mac OS in tabs.
- Service Case Notifications -- React faster to email and pop-up notifications (Business and above)
- Simplified Client interface.
- OneDrive for Business support -- Access files stored on OneDrive for Business during online meetings and remote sessions.
- Silent Host roll Out -- Deploy TeamViewer on as many devices as you like with a single-click (Corporate and above).
- Remote Device Dashboard -- Look at critical performance information during remote sessions, and take actions with the new dashboard.
- Code re-write -- Significant backend optimizations according to TeamViewer.
- Device Connection Reports -- Display all inbound connections in the Management Console (Corporate and above).
- TeamViewer Policy Assignment -- Improved control of TeamViewer settings for all managed devices (Business and above).
- Service Case Chat -- Your customers may contact you via chat even before they receive support. (Business and above).
- TeamViewer Policy API -- Use the API to deploy settings to any number of devices (Premium and above).
TeamViewer 12 introduces several interesting features. While new features are limited for free users, some like faster file transfers, or better connection quality are available to all.
The next couple of days or weeks will show how good the release really is.
Now You: Do you use TeamViewer 12 or another remote control software?Advertisement