Video Player Miro 3 Released
Update: The most recent version of Miro is 6. The latest version offers an improved feature set over version 3 released more than six years ago. This includes options to convert and sync media to Android and Kindle Fire devices, play music, convert any type of video Miro supports, and supports media sharing over a network on top of that.
The video player Miro that we have reviewed in the past has recently been updated to version 3. Miro 3 combines the features of the previous version of the application with several new features that increase the usefulness and reach of the video player.
Miro on first glance is a video player that plays videos that are located on the local computer system. It is possible to scan the PC for media automatically, or add them manually.
But Miro offers more than that. It includes a torrent client that can be used to download video torrents to view them in the media player once they have been downloaded. It is furthermore possible to subscribe to RSS feeds of media sites to automatically retrieve new media when new media is published on those sites.
Here are the major changes in Miro 3
- Subtitles - If subtitles are embedded or in the same folder as your video, they will be available automatically in a new drop-down menu. Or pick any subtitle file.
- Faster Faster Faster - Miro is faster and snappier in all sorts of ways from downloading torrents to deleting lots of files. For example, launching Miro is over 150% faster! Downloading torrents is faster!
- Louder Louder Louder - The maximum volume for videos is now at least twice as high. Really nice for laptops.
- Edit file info - Easily change the title, description, and category of a file.
- Play Externally - Weâ€™ve added an option to play all files externally and a right-click menu for single items.
Interested users can take a look at the release notes that lists all the changes and additions to the video player. The developers have also created a user manual that explains the features of the program in detail.
The video player Miro 3 is available for Windows, Linux and Mac from the developer's website.Advertisement