What better way to test a new or improved search engine than to be stuck with it for a full week without being able to fall back to other search engines. Bing is the new Microsoft search engine and we would like to invite each and everyone of you to test the ins and outs of the new search engine by forcing yourself to use it. We have created a set of rules in case you want to join the experiment so that you know what you are allowed to do and what not (not that we are going to punish you if you perform the occasional search using another search engine).
Bing Experiment Rules:
- Use Bing exclusively for all of your searches for the next seven days
- Write down what went well and what did not
- Let us know your overall experience and rating of the search engine after the week
- You may perform the exact same search in another search engine to compare results
- You may also perform the exact same search in another search engine if Bing does not provide the results that you expect
- You may use other search engines to look at search engine rankings
Now that we have established the rules of the experiment we would like to offer participants an incentive to take part. We are going to give away five Ghacks t-shirts to five random participants providing that we get that many users participating.
We would like to hear about your thoughts and experience with Bing. If you have anything to say let us hear about it. Check out Install Bing Search In Selected Web Browsers and our initial short review of Microsoft Bing.