Microsoft Office September 2017 Non-Security Updates overview
Microsoft released a whole batch of non-security updates for Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2016 on September 5, 2017.
The updates are available via Windows Update, and also as individual downloads on Microsoft's Download Center website and the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Note that it is recommended to only install updates of Office applications that you work with. It is usually not necessary to install all Office patches.
Office 2007 is on extended support which means that it receives only security updates but no feature updates anymore. No updates for Office 2010 listed this time.
The following updates have been released for Office 2013 or one of the included programs in Office 2013:
KB3172484 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2013 -- Fixes an issue in Microsoft Audit and Control Management Server (ACM) 2013 that prevented files from being monitored correctly if the file name contained a comma.
KB3172512 -- September 5, 2017, update for Microsoft Audit and Control Management Server (ACM) 2013
- Fixes a freezing issue if a monitored file is inaccessible or does not exist in the processing queue or folder.
- Fixes a monitoring issue that affects file names with commas.
KB3203486 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2013 -- Pixel length is displayed correctly when you open Open Document Format (ODF) documents in Word 2013.
KB3213536 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2013 --Fixes that the Power Pivot management window could not be opened in Microsoft Excel 2013 after using the workbook queries pane.
KB4011087 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2013 -- Emojis are sometimes displayed as square boxes in Office 2013 applications in Windows 7. This is caused by documents and emails that are created in Office 2016 as Office 2016 uses the Segoe UI Emoji Font which is missing on Windows 7.
KB4011106 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2013 -- Some Office add-ins are incorrectly stopped by Office 2013 for excessive resource usage.
KB4011109 -- September 5, 2017, update for Project 2013 -- Fixes issues in Project Professional 2013 and Project Standard 2013 when printing or previewing projects when working with sheet-type views and using groupings.
KB3191936 -- September 5, 2017, update for Visio 2013 -- When you save a vsd file as a vsdx file, user-defined cells are deleted.
KB4011105 -- September 5, 2017, update for Word 2013 -- A Word document may be corrupted in a document library if it has many comments.
KB4011032 -- September 5, 2017, update for Access 2016 -- Fixes an error when you import SharePoint list data while using the sr-Cyrl-RS language pack
KB3191923 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016
- Enables "certain" special characters for Add-in commands.
- Support for reusing the Internet Explorer process for applications in Outlook Inspector.
- Fixes "some" high DPI issues for add-ins.
KB3191924 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016 -- Fixes the error message "Reserved error (-7713): there is no message for this error" when you work with linked SQL data sources in Access 2016.
KB3203478 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016
- Existing PowerPivot data provider changes cannot be saved.
- Fixes error message: We couldn't load the Data Model. This may be because the Data Model in this workbook is damaged. PowerPivot is unable to load the Data Model.
- Fixes error message: Unable to load the tables in the PowerPivot window.
- Fixes error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
- Fixes an issue with PowerPivot windows where the selection is replaced with the table name if semi-select mode is enabled.
- Fixes error message: Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
- Deleting the data connection and then undoing it, stops Excel 2016 and the PowerPivot add-in.
KB3203482 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016 -- Same as KB3203478. Both updates are required.
KB4011093 -- August 22, 2017, update for Office 2016
- KB4011051 fixes: issues accessing WMI programmatically from Excel, Microsoft Common Controls broken, hyperlinks functionality may stop working in Excel.
- Office Store redirects to the web store and not the in-client store in 32-bit versions of Outlook 2016.
- Editing and help languages may change.
KB4011099 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016 -- Improves system resource usage of Office 2016 applications on 32-bit versions of Windows and HD displays.
KB4011102 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016 -- Improves Dutch translation for a notification message when you are saving documents to locations that don't allow sharing.
KB4011098 -- September 5, 2017, update for Office 2016 Language Interface Pack -- Translation for allowing pages to be read only in the information bar in OneNote 2016.
KB4011092 -- September 5, 2017, update for OneNote 2016 -- Adds a property to enable pages to be set to read-only.
KB4011101 -- September 5, 2017, update for Project 2016 -- Project 2016 may crash when you open certain XML files. Also, task duration may differ when compared to previous Microsoft Project versions.
KB4011096 -- September 5, 2017, update for Visio 2016
- Fixes a crash in Viso when changing gradient stops for shapes using Visio Drawing Control.
- Refreshing remote Excel worksheets stored in Microsoft SharePoint or OneDrive causes the next refresh to fail.
- Saving a vsd as a vsdx causes user-defined cells to be deleted.
- Edit and Open commands are not displayed in your selected language after right-clicking an embedded object
KB4011039 -- September 5, 2017, update for Word 2016
- Allows real-time collaboration compatibility of Word 2016 on cloud documents between desktop, iOS and Android versions.
- Outlook stops working when you reply or forward RTF emails that contain right-to-left paragraphs.
- When you open a read-only recommended document on a network location, other users cannot open the document as read/write.
No love for Microsoft Office 2010 it seems. Disappointing as it is my preferred version.
Office 2010 is on Extended Support and only receives security updates now: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search/13615
It runs great as is. No need to change Office 2010.
I know that. I just wish that security updates for Office 2010 were released alongside these updates for Office 2013 and Office 2016.
@DVDRambo I do not disagree. It is my favorite version. I just want it to receive all the support that it can.
What about office 365 CTR?
I am not seeing any of these updates with windows 7?
I only applied SP2 to my Office 2010, during installation. No further updates.
LibreOffice till I die. ;)
Yes, LibreOffice does everything I need. And the price is right! As in no cost, no adds, no worries.