NANY is an annual event over at the DonationCoder community website where members of the community pledge to develop applications for the new year.
Considering that you have access to hundreds of programs created for NANY events, you can almost be certain that you find something of interest created during the event.
This year was a low-key event according to DonationCoder as it was not promoted outside of the forum.
Actually, if I would not visit the forum regularly to find out what is new and hot, I would not really heard about it either.
NANY 2016 apps
The following applications were released by DonationCoder users for the event. If not mentioned otherwise, the apps are compatible with the Windows operating system.
- Automatic Screenshotter - This application creates screenshots of the desktop or active windows in select intervals, and stores the last n-copies on the local system.
- Iconus - A simple icon viewer.
- Lucid Dream Inducer - A tiny program that is designed to play a "customizeable chime and voice file" in the middle of the night for lucid dreaming.
- Minecraft Places - Keep track of the locations of interested of a Minecraft map.
- Mouser's Media Browser - A lightweight program to browse folders full of images.
- Move Aside Please - The program can be used to "hide" always on top programs to view the underlying application. Primarily designed for full-screen apps.
- PINCode Grapher - Try to remember your pin using a chart.
- QuickJump - Is a portable program for Windows that displays all folders and files in the directory it is placed in so that you can run files quickly.
- Quick Bible Command Line Utility - Search for bible verses using the command line.
- Skully the Training Virus - A "friendly" virus for teaching purposes.
- sTray - A tray-based program displaying a variety of power-state options such as sleep, shutdown or restart. Designed specifically for use with Microsoft's Remote Desktop, it works without it as well.
- SysTrayIconsManage - The program sits idly in the system tray area for the most part. When it detects a new system tray icon it tries to set it to "always show".
- Text Overlay Tool - A tiny program that displays text in a transparent window on top of other windows.
- txtproc - Txtproc is a text processing program, for instance to count words of text or create lists.
- Win Resize Keys - Resize windows on multi-monitor setups using only keyboard shortcuts.
While you are at it, check out the programs published for previous NANY events as they may be of interested to you as well.