Windscribe voucher: free VPN with 50GB traffic included
The VPN service Windscribe runs a promotion right now that bumps the monthly bandwidth of free users from 10 Gigabytes to 50 Gigabytes.
Windscribe offers a free (called limited) and paid accounts. The main differences between free and paid accounts are the following ones:
- Free account has a traffic limit. Default is 10 Gigabytes per month, but you get 50 Gigabytes instead with the voucher.
- The free account may be used on only once device (at a time).
- Servers in eight countries are available for selection to free users, paying customers get servers in more than 45 countries.
- Pro accounts get faster upper speed limits (free up to 100 Mbps, pro up to 480Mbps)
- The Linux client and Android client is only available for paying customers.
As far as other features are concerned, they are identical between free and paid accounts. The service has a strict no logging policy -- including VPN usage, connection logs, IP addresses -- and session data is discarded three minutes after termination of the session.
The service supports P2P traffic, offers ad-blocking functionality built-in to its clients, and a firewall on top of that. The free version does not offer OpenVPN configurations on the other hand.
Windscribe offers clients for Windows and Mac (also Linux for paying customers), for the Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers, an iOS app (Android only for Pro customers), and configuration tutorials for routers.
Update: The voucher is no longer valid. You may use Expand20 instead to increase the monthly limit to 20 Gigabytes.
Grab your 50 Gigabyte free Windscribe account
To sign up for a 50 Gigabyte free account on Windscribe, do the following:
- Visit the main website of the service here: https://windscribe.com/
- Click on the "sign up" link in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the "use for free" option on the next page.
- Fill out your desired username and password. Email is optional, but you will only get 2GB per month if you don't add one.
- Click on "have a voucher" on the sign up page.
- Add the voucher 50GBFREE.
- Complete the sign-up process
The new account has five times the regular bandwidth limit of 10 Gigabytes per month now if things worked well.
Next step is to download one of the available clients to start using the service, or configure your router if it supports it.
Windscribe's offer is excellent, especially with the bump to 50 Gigabytes of traffic. That should be sufficient for all but the most demanding web applications such as video streaming or heavy P2P usage.
Since it is free, it is excellent as a backup VPN even if you use a VPN service already.
Now You: Do you use a VPN service? If so which, and why?Advertisement