DIVX All In One Fix
If you experience troubles playing movies that use the DIVX codec that is installed on your computer you may want to take a look at a bundle of fixes for DivX that is called All In One Fix.
This is not intended for users who use ffdshow for instance to play movies, only for those who are actually using the DIVX codec.
As I said All In One Fix ships with several patches for known issues. The real difficulty here for the end user is that he has to select the fixes from a large list of available ones.
There is no initial scan of the system environment, not sure if this would be even possible to do in this case. This means that you need to know the problem before you run the repair program.
If you do not know the actual problem, I suggest you create a system backup first before you run any of the suggested fixes on your system.
The fixes that can be applied are the following:
Audio Codecs Missing
- MPEG1 Audio Codec Missing - This component will un-register the default mp3 filter that comes with your Operating System and then re-register it: "l3codecx.ax"
- LPCM Audio Codec Missing - This component will un-register the LPCM audio codec and then re-register it: "mlcom.ax"
Video Display Problem
- Remove Bicubic resize filter - Included in many codec packs ex.: Nimo - Can cause no video to appear, or video that is upside down or mirrored.
- Remove XviD filter - This removes the XviD DirectShow decoder filter. Many codec packs ex.:. Nimo feature Nic's build of the DirectShow filter that steals playback of DivX FourCC's. Unfortunately, most of these build can not playback all DX5 series video and the result is the start of files not playing, video appearing green, or other artifacting.
- Remove G400 filter - This filter is part of several codec packs, including Nimo's, and causes video to play upside down. It should only be installed on systems using Matrox G400 cards in the first place.
- Remove DivX Anti-freeze filter - This filter is included in codec packs (inc. Nimo) - May cause some instability with DivX Codec and Dr DivX as well.
Player Off Limits
- Sometime, when opening the DivX Player, it goes out of the screen but it is in the taskbar. This component will bring back the player in the middle of the screen. The player needs to be close before you run this fix.
Burning Engine Update
- This will update the DivX Player Burning Engine to the latest version.
- If you receive "ordinal 2250 can't be found in PX.dll" error when starting the player, this component of the fix, will solve the problem.
DivX Player Reset
- This option will delete all the preferences already set in DivX Player. This could fix some bugs like runtime error, player freeze at startup etc...
- If you have connection problem, problem to download VOD, to create an acocunt or to connect to your VOD account with DivX Player, Please select this option.This will run some tests on your computer and create a log file (connect.log). The file will be placed on your desktop. Please include this file when reporting your incident.
Web Player Fix
- If the web Player is already installed on your computer but you are still prompted to install it, choose this option, it should fix your problem.
Explorer Crash When Open A Folder
- When opening a folder containing DivX or XviD .Avi files under some specific configurations, the thumbnail generation crash Windows Explorer.This option Disable the Thumbnail generation.
DivX not in the list of codecs
- Choose this option if DivX is not in the list of the Codecs available from your favorite encoding application
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Bug
- The program Easy Media Creator 9 from Roxio don't seem to be able to decode the DivX or Xvid file properly. If you apply this fix, the DivX Decoder should work properly.DivX needs to be reinstalled after you apply the patch. You dont need to uninstall, simply download the installer from the following link and run it.http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXInstaller.exe
Change the Skin Of DivX Player 6.x
- Choose this option you want to change the Skin of DivX Player. This is useful in case you are using the 800x600 resolution and missing some part of the default interface.There is 2 choices for the 800x600 display mode, 800x600 or Grayout
Update: The application is no longer available onÂ the official website. We have uploaded the latest version that was released to our own server. You can download it with a click on the following link: (Download Removed)
Please note that we do not support the file in any way.Advertisement