Opera 55 Stable for Android is out: here is what is new
Opera Software released a new stable version of the web browser on December 5, 2019. The new Opera 55 web browser for Android devices includes a new Night Mode and improved keyboard dimming functionality.
The new version of the mobile web browser should be offered to Android users soon via Play Store updates. It may also be downloaded from Google Play (and other sources) manually.
The major new feature of Opera 55 for Android is the browser's redesigned Night Mode. It is disabled by default but may be activated with a tap on the Opera icon and the toggling of Night Mode in the menu.
You may customize Night Mode functionality in the browser's settings. Just tap on Night Mode there to open the configuration page. There you find the following options in Opera 55:
- Change the color temperature to alter blue light emission.
- Change the dimming.
- Toggle the use of the dark theme.
- Enable dark web pages. The feature enables a dark theme for sites that don't support dark themes by default.
- Enable the new dim keyboard feature; this requires an additional permission as the browser uses an overlay to dim the keyboard on the device.
- Schedule Night Mode so that it is enabled during a specific period, e.g. from sunset to sunrise or custom period.
With Night Mode enabled, Opera for Android will display webpages that are opened in the mobile browser accordingly. It makes sense to use Night Mode together with Dark Mode on the deice and the extra dark web page and dim keyboard modes.
All taken together paint the entire screen in darker colors that may make the whole experience more enjoyable in the morning and at night, and may also improve sleep.
Opera Software calls it Super Dark Mode when all Night Mode features are enabled. The browser takes care of the UI, webpages, and keyboard that may be displayed when it is active.
Now You: do you prefer regular or dark modes?Advertisement