KB4093105 for Windows 10 version 1709
Microsoft published KB4093105, a new cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709, the Fall Creators Update, some hours ago. The non-security update is distributed via Windows Update and other updating services, and available as a standalone download from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
The update brings the build number of the operating system to 16299.402. Microsoft released the cumulative updates KB4093120 and KB4093117 for Windows 10 version 1703 and 1607 last week, and KB4093105 shares several of the fixes with these earlier releases.
KB4093105 fixes issues in Microsoft Outlook, Windows Hello, File Explorer, BitLocker, Microsoft Edge and other programs and core operating system features.
Note: Windows Update failed to pick up the new update on a Windows 10 Pro machine. It returned KB4093112 instead which Microsoft released on the April 2018 Patch Tuesday; that update was installed on the machine already, however. Manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog site and installation worked, however.
KB4093105 for Windows 10 version 1709
The list of issues that Microsoft fixed in the new update is quite large. You can check it out on the official release history page on the Microsoft website, or read the summary (of all fixes) below.
- Fixed an issue where the deprovisioning of apps using remove-AppXProvisionedPackages-Online did not work properly as apps returned after upgrades.
- Applications stopped working after pasting username or password into a user elevation prompt.
- Fixed an issue that caused Skype and Xbox to stop working.
- Autodiscover functionality in Microsoft Outlook failed when UE-V is enabled.
- AppLocker publisher rules for MSI files did not match files correctly.
- Fixed a key generation issue in Windows Hello if the policy to require TPM is enabled.
- Fixed a domain log in issue when using fast user switching.
- The Office Chrome extension prompted for credentials often.
- Removed the 30-second delay after entering an incorrect PIN or biometric input when using smart cards.
- Minimum password length in Group Policy increased to 20 characters.
- Fixed hexadecimal format of name-constraint information in certificate properties.
- Audit mode blocked failed NTLM authentications instead of logging them.
- Fixed validation error 0x800B0109 (CERT_E_UNTRUSTEDROOT).
- Resetting the Windows Hello PIN on the logon prompt blocked resetting the PIN again.
- Encrypting and decrypting options were missing in File Explorer.
- Fixed BitLocker and Device Encryption issue that kept the device unprotected during device unenrollment.
- Software Restriction Policy Caused Microsoft to stop working.
- A leak in Filter Manager caused file system mini-filters to fail to unload.
- Connection Bar was not displayed in Virtual Machine Connections in full-screen mode when using multiple-monitors.
- The "Disable new DMA devices when the computer is locked" policy prevented some devices from working o Windows 10 version 1709. Devices include PCI-based peripherals such as wireless network drivers, input, and audio peripherals).
- Fixed a logging issue in Windows Server 2016 Domain Controllers.
- Fixed cause of the exception "Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.AccountPolicy.ADAccountLookupException: MSIS6080: A bind attempt to domain 'globalivewireless.local' failed with error code '1722'"
- Addressed the error "Error 0x207D An attempt was made to modify an object to include an attribute that is not legal for its class" when modifying or restoring certain Active Directory objects.
- Addressed the issue "Active Directory Domain Services was unable to establish a connection with the global catalog. Error value: 8430. The directory service encountered an internal failure. Internal ID: 320130e" that prevented AdminSDHolder tasks from running.
- The Date Modified field was empty on volumes with Volume Shadow Copy that hosts a file share.
- Fixed a Microsoft Edge stopped working issue for roaming profiles.
- Fixed Japanese keyboard not working correctly in remote assistance sessions.
- Cursor moved to center of the screen when changing display modes.
- Fixed a leak when closing or opening web browser controls.
- Fixed ContentIndexter.AddAsync API throwing an exception.
- Fixed first launch performance of UWP Desktop Bridge apps.
- Fixed Search Tab in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when upgrading from version 1703 to 1709.
- Updates for large game apps failed.
- User-pinned folders or tiles were removed from the start menu.
- Pen use in certain apps caused unexpected panning or scrolling.
The cumulative update has one issue: It reports that KB4054517 failed to install because of error 0x80070643 even though the update is installed.
Now Read: My Top 5 Feature wishes for Windows 10Advertisement