Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender
Not everything in life is as simple as it seems. The same applies to disabling Windows Defender permanently. It requires modification of Windows 11 integral settings, which can become a challenge where one wrong move could lead to the malfunctioning of your PC.
We will share methods to guide you on how to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 11 for good.
How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender
Before you start, ensure that the Real-time protection of Windows Defender is turned off to avoid hindering the process.
Change Folder Ownership
Boot Computer in Safe Mode
- Press WINDOWS + R to get the RUN console.
- Type msconfig to open System Configuration.
- Go to Boot, and put a checkmark to select Safe boot and Minimal.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Your computer will restart in Safe mode.
1. Press WINDOWS + E to open WINDOWS EXPLORER
2. Now copy and paste the below-mentioned path and hit Enter.
3. Navigate to the Platform folder and right-click on it to select Properties.
4. Go to the Security tab, then click Advanced.
5. On Advanced Security Settings for Platform, locate Owner and click Change.
6. In the Enter the object name to select box, type the Owner name and click OK.
7. Under Permission Entries, select System and click Remove.
8. Head to Trusted Installer and click Remove.
9. Checkmark Replace owner on sub containers and objects.
10. Place a checkmark on Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permissions from this object.
11. Click Apply and then OK.
Disable Safe Boot
- Press WINDOWS + R to open the RUN window.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Go to boot and select Boot options.
- Uncheck the Safe boot option.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Restart your computer.
Does it come back after every “moment” update?
Yeah right.. Like this is going to stop defender from running =) This is comedy gold right here.
no ‘about the author’ paragraph?
For permanent disable defender is if removed complete from system no just change permission folder.
Just this is joke.
simpler, load Autoruns (SysInternals)
– filter “Defender”
– untag all entries
nothing has changed since my 1st modification years ago
I wouldn’t disable Defender imho, it has too many hidden roots inside Windows itself. One time I tried to uninstall it using brute force scripts and then the Onedrive feature stopped working definitely. A reinstallation was needed and since those times I prefer to maintain Defender untouched. It’s a better method to install another antivirus and it will disable Defender in a safer and easier mode (e.g., Avast is the best in this way, and also Panda Cloud Free is good too).
You can not stop defender from running in background or remove it without some penalty. All you can do is to limit telemetry.
It’s probably Smartscreen which is preventing WD from being disabled. Get rid of that and the problem should be solved: https://thegeekpage.com/disable-windows-defender-smartscreen/#How_to_disable_the_Windows_Defender_SmartScreen_via_Local_Group_Policy_Editor
Remove Windows and go for Linux.
Linux sucks dude. Besides it’s not comparable to Windows, these OSes are in different classes entirely.
I use Linux as my daily driver. It’s far more stable than Windows. When’s the last time you used Linux, 2010?
You’re right, dude. Bro, linux is just a bunch of code that starts before the OS, dude. Brobrodude, that shit ain’t even got emojis, dudebrodudeman! Dudebro, it’s no way near as cool as Windows with its hardcoded abilities to make money off the user, bro. Yo brodude man, you’re the coolest dude ever man, bro. Dude.
Download Autoruns and remove the checkmark from Windows Defender. It doesn’t remove it, but it will never run. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns
Just use “Defender Control”:
Per this video,
it also works on Windows 11 too…
Win Defender, is completly the most succesful free-built in antivirus of Microsoft. Really nice product. Saved my ass a lot of times. Has updated malware database, completly strong defence
from whatever smart screen disables. Or if you want better and more upgrated (paid) program,
you can go further. But defender is always on your side.
Why would one disable Windows (or Microsoft) Defender in the first place?. I consider this to be playing with fire big time. Everybody knows that if one is using another A-V, Defender will be disabled on its own and won’t be in one’s way.
Why would I want to disable Windows Defender in the first place? It’s a great anti virus in my opinion. Been using it since Windows 8 and and never had a problem or a virus. Why mess with a good thing, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.