Lets celebrate DonationCoder's 10th anniversary and fundraiser
DonationCoder, aÂ community of programmers and software enthusiasts, turned 10 recently, an impressive feat for a site that keeps its programs clean and its site ad-free (Ghacks turns 10 this year also, on October 3, 2015 to be precise).
My first review of a DonationCoder program dates back to 2006 and I have followed the site and its output ever since. In total, I have reviewed more than 130 programs or updates since that first review and several of the programs have a permanent place on my hard drive or troubleshooting Flash drive because they are thatÂ good.
There are plenty of things that I like about DonationCoder: from clean adware-free programsÂ to the Coding Snacks forum where non-coders can suggest programs that members of the site create in record time. Plus, there is always a new program just around the corner for you to discover (and me to write about).
As the site name suggests, DonationCoderÂ is kept up entirely by donations. A new fundraiser is currently underway Â to cover hosting and other site expenses. Anyone who donates gets a few perks in return including licenses for all DonationCoder programs, access to the shareware discounts forum on the site and a full license for all updates and new programs.
The last fundraiser dates back to 2011 where more than $14,000 were raised in the fundraising period. This year, the members of the site hope to raise $10,000 to keep it up and running.
If you are new to the site, you'd probably like to know more about the software that members of it have produced in the past.
Here is a list of excellent programs that I recommend highly (no special order)
- Clipboard Help+Spell - A clipboard manager with impressive functionality that goes well beyond remembering past clipboard entries.
- File Bucket - Collect files stored in different locations on your computer and perform operations on them in the end
- Find and Run Robot - A launcher typ of program that you can use to find files and programs quickly to load and start them.
- GoneIn60s - A program that you can use to restore (accidentally) closed programs.
- Screenshot Captor - A powerful screenshot taking and editing program for Windows. It is probably the best free screenshot tool for Windows.
- Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination) - Create profiles to load multiple programs or urls, terminate programs or processes, and start or stop services.
Have you been to the DonationCoder website in the past? If so, what is your take on its unique concept and the programs members of the site have created so far? Feel free to post your software recommendations in the comment section below.Advertisement