Windows 10 version 2004 update KB4568831 released
Microsoft released a new update for the latest version of the company's Windows 10 operating system, Windows 10 version 2004. KB4568831 for Windows 10 version 2004 and Windows Server version 2004 is a non-security update that fixes several bugs found in earlier versions of the operating system.
The update is available via Windows Update and also as a direct download from the Microsoft Update Catalog website. On Windows Update, it is necessary to check the "optional updates available" section under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update; the update should be listed there.
The new update is a preview update and as such, should not be installed on most devices. It may make sense to install the update if you experience at least one of the issues. In all cases, it is advised to back up the system before the update is installed.
KB4568831 for Windows 10 version 2004
Microsoft lists the following changes on its support website:
- Fixes an issue with the share function in Microsoft Office when Conditional Access is enabled.
- Fixed an unnamed issue that occurred when third-party programs load hidden tabs into Internet Options.
- Fixed an Microsoft Edge IE Mode issue when opening multiple documents from a SharePoint site.
- Fixed another IE Mode issue in Microsoft Edge; this occurs when users browse using anchor links.
- Fixed a Microsoft Word pasting issue into Internet Explorer if mixed content of images and text is pasted.
- Fixed an issue that made Microsoft browsers bypass proxy servers incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused devices to lose connectivity with the WNS service when forced tunneling is used.
- Fixed an issue with Magnifier in Microsoft Excel that could lead to Magnifier and Excel stop working.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the installation of "some2 .msi apps.
- Fixed a 4K high dynamic range issue that displayed content darker than expected.
- Fixed a new child window flickering issue on service devices.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Settings page to close.
- Fixed an issue that caused all open Universal Windows Platform apps to close.
- Fixed a Windows 8.1 display projecting issue.
- Fixed an issue that prevents family safety features from working on ARM64 devices.
- Fixed a .msg file preview issue in File Explorer.
- Fixed a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) stop error that occurs during resume from sleep and when Bluetooth headsets were turned on.
- Fixed an issue that prevented display driver reset utilities from reinstalling the same driver.
- Addressed a reliability issue in WDF01000.sys
- Fixed memory leaks in cases where applications call the CryptCATAdminCalcHashFromFileHandle() function.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some machines from going to sleep mode because of Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection Auto Incident Response
- Fixed an issue that prevented some machines from running Microsoft Defender ATP Threat & Vulnerability Management.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Microsoft Defender ATP from applying file eclusions.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Defender ATP that prevented the reporting of installed applications.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Defender ATP that caused automatic investigations to fail.
- Fixed a printing issues when printing to network printers.
- Fixed an issue that caused printers to be hidden devices in Device Manager.
- Fixed an issue in the Print Management console that caused it to display script errors when enabling Extended View.
- Fixed an unnamed issue that caused printing to fail.
- Fixed an issue that caused Windows 10 devices from reaching the Internet with wireless wide area network (WWAN) LTE modems.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Internet connectivity on some cellular modems.
- Fixed an issue that caused telephony apps to lose the first four digits.
- Fixed an issue with in-memory parity bitmaps that caused data integrity issues on Parity storage spaces.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the creation of a storage pool using Manage Storage spaces.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Microsoft Remote Assistance process (msra.exe) to stop working.
- Improves Microsoft Defender ATP's ability to identify malicious code injections.
- Improves support for non-ASCII file paths for Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection Auto Incident Response.
Microsoft lists a single known issue:
Some apps, e.g. Microsoft Excel, may display an error, close or may stop working for users of Microsoft Input Method Editor for Chinese or Japanese.
Microsoft lists details and potential workarounds here.
Now you: when do you install updates?Advertisement