Opera 11.01 Final Lands
Opera Software has just released Opera 11.01, an update to Opera 11 which adds security fixes and stability improvements to the popular web browser. The final version has been released after numerous snapshots and two release candidates.
The changelogs list numerous fixes for bugs that caused crashes in the web browser, including installer fixes and site specific issues that include fixes for popular sites such as Facebook or Vkontakte.
Users who dig deeper find several improvements as well. The team has for instance fixed various mouse gesture sensitivity and recognition issues or the option top open the Mail Panel as a tab when only feeds are used.
The full changelogs are linked from the blog post announcing the new release.
The security issues that have been fixed in Opera 11.01 are the following:
- Fixed an issue where large form inputs could allow execution of arbitrary code.
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to carry out clickjacking attacks against internal opera: URLs;
- Fixed issues which allowed web pages to gain limited access to files on the user's computer;
- Fixed an issue where email passwords were not immediately deleted when deleting private data;
- Fixed an issue which could cause the wrong executable to be used to display a downloaded file in its folder
Opera 11.01 is a recommended update for every Opera 11 user. It is possible to update the web browser directly by clicking on Help > Menu > Check for Updates.
The latest version of Opera can also be downloaded directly from Opera Software.Advertisement
Gmail still doesn’t work for this version. (Only works in Basic Html mode)
You have to go into gmai preferences and check ALWAYS HTTPS. Then you’ll have gmail rocking :)
Must update,more robust and stable especially mouse gestures
Is it remotely possible to wright more about Opera instead of Firefox on your blog Martin? I mean it is superior browser comparing to Firefox. No joke. Peace.
This is just an annoucement about the final update to Opera 11 being released, not about superior browsing. Still I find that having both Opera 11 and Firefox 4 regardless of favorite than having Chrome or IE. Here is my choice: Firefox 4, Opera 11>IE9>Chrome
Only reason Chrome is less desired is a result of Google stance on privacy. Google tracks and peeks on your browsing activities.