Notepad++ 5.0 beta
Notepad++ has been my Notepad replacement for the last years and I have never looked back since I installed it on my first computer. It combines the speed and low resource usage of Notepad with an advanced functionality that includes syntax highlighting, plugins and multi-views.
Today the first beta version of Notepad++ 5.0 was released to the public on Sourceforge, more than 18 months after the release of Notepad++ 4.0. It offers further performance improvements over previous versions, bookmarked lines, different colored tabs, plugin commands in the context menu and additional options to configure the application.
The announcement lists 18 fixed bugs and features that have been added in Notepad++ 5.0, they are:
- 1. Improve Notepad++ performance - on startup and on exit.
- 2. Add Calltip capacity.
- 3. All the menu commands can be added in context menu, including plugins' commands, macros and user defined commands.
- 4. Add bookmarked lines operations : delete all marked lines, copy all marked lines into clipboard, cut all marked lines into clipboard, paste from clipboard to replace all marked lines content.
- 5. Fix crash bug : Open files with date pre-1970.
- 6. Fix clone mode bug : now the actions done in one view will be synchronized in the cloned view.
- 7. Add tooltips in document tab to display the full file name path.
- 8. Change hide lines behaviour : Hide lines now saved during switches.
- 9. Change file history list behaviour : Most recent closed file is on the top. Add number on list.
- 10. Caret width and blink rate are customizable.
- 11. Add asterisk in title bar if file is dirty.
- 12. The bookmarks' look & feel are improved.
- 13. Add "Select all" and "copy" context menu items in Find in files results window.
- 14. Fix goto line with command line bug.
- 15. Improve smart highlight / mark all / incremental search highlight all visibility
- 16. Tabbar's coulours is configurable via Stylers Configurator(Active tab Text, Inactive tab text, Inactive tab background, Active tab focused indicator and Active tab unfocused indicator).
- 17. Add the smart highlight file size limit - 1.5 MB in order to improve the performance.
- 18. Add exception handling (dumping filedata)
The complete announcement can be read in the Notepad++ forum and the new version can be downloaded directly from Sourceforge.Advertisement
>5. Fix crash bug : Open files with date pre-1970.
I really wonder who might have those… :)
Do you know if there is a support for saving files in unicode mode?
this is the only thing that missing for me in notepad++
Notepad ++ is really my favorite. All my writing is done on this only. It has tons of user friendly features that I absolutely love. Like, I can have multiple tabs opened, and select some text in each of the tabs. If I close the Notepad++, and then open it again, it shows all that text selected. Pretty good.
Thank’s just try to download ..