Looking for a new writer for Ghacks
I'm looking for a new writer for Ghacks to complement the articles that I'm writing each day. While I'm pretty happy with the development of the site as of late, I'd like to add another permanent voice to Ghacks that provides another view on things and a view on topics that I don't cover a lot or at all.
I don't have many requirements:
- Your English needs to be good. I don't care if you are a native speaker or not.
- You need to be able to come up with interesting articles on your own, e.g. reviews, how-to articles, comparisons, first-look reviews, op-eds. Of course, I'm there for you to discuss article topics, especially in the beginning.
- You should have a strong interest in tech related areas, e.g. Linux, Development, Hardware, or Security.
- You need to be able to provide between two and five articles per week. I don't mind less articles if the articles that you provide are top notch and well researched.
- You need to be reliable. I cannot stress this enough.
Ideally, you have at least one area of expertise that you are very interested in and love to write about or tell people about. I think that a passion for certain subjects usually leads to great articles as you are able to provide greater insight and have a better understanding of the subject in question.
If I had to pick areas of expertise, I'd love to see Linux content revived here on this site (especially with end of support for Windows 7 coming in 2020).
What I'm not looking for:
- Rehashed news-type articles that every other site writes about.
- Reworded articles.
- Superficial articles that are not useful.
As far as payment is concerned, that needs to be discussed on a case by case basis as it depends on numerous factors. My two main payment options are bank transfer if you are in the Euro-zone, or PayPal.
If you are not a writer but know someone who might be a good fit, feel free to recommend the article to them or tell me about them so that I may contact them.
If you are interested in the position, write an email to [email protected]. Please include two links to articles that you have written in the past (or attach them to the email), and let me know about yourself (especially the areas in tech that you are interested in). If you have an idea already on what your pay should look like, include that bit of information as well.Advertisement