Mobile Internet Access Software For Data Cards
Mobile Internet Access has seen a huge rise in the last years with the advent of netbooks and other mobile devices that have been primarily designed for Internet access. While most mobile internet devices and their installed or connected data cards come with software preinstalled that allows the user to manage Internet connections. An alternative to the software applications that come with the data cards and mobile devices is MW Conn.
MW Conn is a mobile internet access software specifically designed for data cards like PCMCIA or USB cards that are used to connect to the Internet. The software comes with a German and English user interface and is compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux/Wine. Lets take a look at some of the features of the mobile Internet access software:
- Display of speed, data volumes, online time, operating mode, signal strength, network name, Cell-ID
- Various display forms, like Tray-Icon, mini-window and Start button-Inlay
- Displaying information like up- and download speed in kBytes/s, used data volume, used online time, mode of operation UMTS(3G)/GPRS, used speed range EDGE/HSPA, signal strength in percent and dBm, network name and cell id (if provided by pc card), homezone status and battery status
- Warning in case of exceeding data-volumes- and online time
- UMTS- and GPRS-network analysis
- Connection monitoring and automatic re-establishment of connection, even after blocking
- Receiving/sending SMS, PC-remote control per SMS and call
- Detailed log functions, integrated service terminal
- Timer for program end or shutdown
- Script optimization
- Query- and recharge option for Prepaid-Tariffs
MW Conn comes with an excellent help guide in pdf format (both in English and German language) that can be used to quickly start with the software. The first thing that the user has to do after installation is to create a new Internet connection in the software's interface. One interesting option is that MW Conn does work with Internet Routers and (some) mobile phones that act as a modem for Internet access.
Supported data card manufacturer are Huawei, Novatel, Option, Sierra, Qualcomm and compatibles plus the Linksys router WRT54G3G. Mobile users usually do not get back to the original software supplied by the data card manufacturer as MW Conn provides a more resource friendly and advanced software for mobile Internet access.Advertisement