Mozilla Firefox 60.0.1 release information
Mozilla released Firefox 60.0.1 to the stable channel of the Firefox web browser on May 16, 2018. The new Firefox version is a bug fix release which addresses several issues in the web browser.
Mozilla released Firefox 60 last week and listed a single issue in the release notes. Firefox would display sponsored stories the next time a user would open the New Tab page after disabling Sponsored Stories in the browser.
Firefox 60.0.1 fixes that issue and several other issues discovered after the release of Firefox 60.0.
Firefox 60.0.1 is available through the web browser's automatic updates functionality and as a separate download from Mozilla. Firefox users who are on the stable channel of the browser may select Menu > Help > About Firefox to run a manual check for updates.
Firefox will download the new version to the local system then and install it to update it. A restart of the web browser is required to complete the update installation.
You can download Firefox from Mozilla directly as well to install the browser anew or update an existing installation.
Firefox 60.0.1 fixes the following issues:
- Firefox users on touchscreens may have experienced scrolling issues on non-zoomable pages. See bug 1457743 for additional details(Momentum scrolling after a two-finger pan is broken when two fingers are lifted at the same time)
- Unchecking the sponsored stories option did not block the display of sponsored content immediately. See bug 1458906)
- Black map issue on Google Maps with updated Nvidia Web Drivers on Mac OS X. See bug 1458533 for additional information)
- The right default background was not loaded when users opened tabs or windows in high contrast mode in the Firefox web browser. See bug 1458956
- The Firefox uninstaller was not offered in different languages. See bug 1436662
- Some Firefox installations with language packs had incomplete translations for the browser's preferences. The add-on manager displayed a message that the language pack could not be verified. See bug 146590
- Some installed add-ons caused long cycle collector pauses. See bug 1449033
Mozilla lists a single change besides the fixes on the official release notes page. The organization notes in the Firefox 60.0.1 release notes that WebVR has been disabled on mac OS X. Mozilla did enable the API in Firefox 60.0.
Now You: What's your experience with Firefox 60.0 so far?