Nvidia Graphics Driver 388.00: new features and issues
Nvidia released the new Nvidia Graphics Driver 388.00 WHQL to the public with game ready profiles for Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed Origins.
The new graphics driver is available on Nvidia's driver download page as a standalone download, and also via the company's GeForce Experience service.
We recommend that you remove the old graphics driver completely, and that you install only the Nvidia drivers that you require. You can install the Nvidia graphics driver manually, and may want to disable Nvidia Telemetry services after installation.
Nvidia Graphics Driver 388.00
The new Nvidia Graphics Driver 388.00 passed Microsoft's WHQL Testing. The new release comes with support for the two PC games Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed Origins.
The release fixes stuttering when playing games on external displays on notebooks with a GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card.
The driver has several issues which may impact functionality on various versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system:
- GeForce GTX 780 Ti -- No display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors.
- GeForce GTX 1070 -- Adobe Reader 3D error message "There is corruption in the PDF".
- GeForce Titan: The operating system fails after installing the video card on a Threadripper-enabled mainboard.
- Photoshop CC 2017 -- Error message "Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver when selecting Path Blur after first launch of the program.
- MS Hybrid -- Momentary corruption before streaming games go into full-screen mode.
- EU/OEM -- Scrambled pictures after updating to the Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 on some HDTVs.
- DirectX 9 frame rate drops on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update machines at 120 fps or higher frame rates in games.
The Nvidia Graphics Driver 388.00 includes all changes of the driver 387.00. This includes game ready profiles for Forza Motorsport 7, The Evil Within and Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
It furthermore adds support for OpenGL 4.6, Nvidia GameStream support for HDR under Windows 10, Fast Sync support for SLI, and updated several SLI profiles for popular games.
You can view the release notes PDF document with a click on this link.
>DirectX 9 frame rate drops on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update machines
Ahahahahahah. Even Nvidia has to fix Micro$oft’s screw-ups.
This update would not install on my computer after two tries. The system had to be restored to get by the previous driver that it uninstalled and left a blank screen.
Try to use DDU. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ ^^
MS btw didn’t screw up anything here and the crying about each update is ridiculous stupid, the thing is that the OS gets more and faster changes and you simply can’t code software without bugs, especially not for 1 billion user. There is no software which is bug free.
“…external displays on notebook’s….”
Martin, you should not use an apostrophe in a plural. It’s for contractions or (most) possessives.