FTP Sync Software
FTP Sync is a free command line application to synchronize files between two ftp sites or local directories.
Its main purpose is to automate the synchronization of files between two ftp servers, or between a ftp server and a local directory with the help of batch files or task scheduling.
This can be helpful for instance for webmasters or coders who design their websites and projects offline and want to automatically synchronize the updated files to a web server. Another option that FTP Sync offers is to use it as a way to create off-site back ups of important files on a remote server.
Last but not least, you may also use it to back up files from one web server to another web server or local computer.
- Supports UNIX, Microsoft, IBM and Novell type FTP servers.
- May transfer only new or changed files.
- The program supports FTP and FTPS protocols.
- Console type application that can be easily executed from various schedulers and batch files
- FTPSync is intended for computer experts - it has no user interface, so users must know how to edit standard Windows INI files. Synchronization can be configured on the fly from batch files or other applications, making it a convenient tools when sync authomation is required.
The configuration of the file synchronization process or backups are configured in standard Windows ini files. It is recommended to take a look at the extensive documentation to configure the program properly.
Three demo configuration options are included in the download. They demonstrate many features and parameters of the program.
An alternative to FTP Sync is the popular software WinSCP which can also be used to automatically synchronize data between local computer systems and servers. Information on how to create a batch file can be found on the winSCP forum.
The program is free for personal use or use in non-commercial environments. Businesses or users who want to use it for commercial projects need to purchase a license. Please note that it requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher to run. The author recommends version 4.5 or higher at the time of writing.
FTP Sync is a handy program. While configuration is a bit tricky, it is a powerful solution to back up or copy data between local or remote servers.Advertisement