These are the deprecated and removed features of Windows 11
Windows 11 will be released later this year. Windows 10 users may upgrade to the new system for free, provided that the device meets all system requirements, or they may stay on Windows 10, which continues to be supported until 2025.
As is the case with many feature updates and especially new versions of Windows, some features are deprecated or entirely removed from the new system.
Microsoft published a list of features are that deprecated or removed in Windows 11. Most are expected removals or deprecations, but some changes are new.
The biggest changes from a user perspective are the locked bottom position of the taskbar and the removal of application folders in Start.
Windows 11 removed or deprecated features
- The bottom position is the only location for the taskbar going forward.
- Applications may no longer customize taskbar areas
- People is removed.
- Some icons may no longer appear in the System Tray.
- Start Menu
- Named groups and application folders are no longer supported.
- Layout is not resizable, currently.
- Live Tiles are no longer available.
- Pinned apps and sites won't be migrated.
- Tablet Mode is removed (new functionality is added for keyboard attach and detach postures)
- Touch Keyboard won't dock or undock anymore on screen sizes 18 inches and larger.
- Timeline feature is removed.
- Wallet is removed.
- Cortana is no longer included in the first boot experienced or pinned to the taskbar.
- Desktop wallpapers are not synced anymore when using a Microsoft account.
- Internet Explorer is disabled. IE Mode in Edge is available to fill the gap.
- Math Input Panel is removed. Math Recognizer will install on demand.
- News and Interests has evolved into Windows Widgets.
- Quick Status removed from the lockscreen and from settings.
- S Mode is exclusive to Windows 11 Home Edition.
- Snipping Tool continues to be available but functionality has been replaced with the Snip & Sketch tool functionality.3D Viewer, OneNote for Windows 10, Paint 3D and Skype won't be installed anymore on new systems. They remain available when systems are upgraded.
Now You: are you affected by any of these changes?Advertisement