Update Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes with VisualCppRedist AIO
VisualCppRedist AIO is an open source program to install, update or remove all or select Visual C++ Runtimes.
Some Windows programs require Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes to run; if the right runtime is not installed, programs may not start at all. One of the main issues associated with runtimes is that Microsoft released plenty of versions over the years, and that different versions need to be installed side by side on a system to support different programs.
VisualCppRedist AIO is an open source program that offers similar options. The application performs two main operations when it is run: detect non compliant versions and remove these from the system, and install the latest versions of all major C++ Redistributable Runtimes in one go.
Here is how it works in detail:
- Download the latest version of VisualCppRedist AIO from the project's GitHub page.
- Extract the archive after the download.
- Extract the executable file again using programs such as 7-Zip or WinRAR.
- Right-click on the install.cmd file and select "run as administrator" to launch it with elevated rights. Cautious users may want to open the cmd file in a plain text editor first to verify it.
- Tap on the "Y" key on the keyboard to allow the program to run its operation, or select N to cancel and exit.
Everything else happens automatically in the background. The program removes non compliant versions, including original exe or msi installers before it will install all C++ Runtime Redistributables.
The following Visual C++ Redistributables are included as x86 and x64 versions:
- 2005: 8.0.50727.6229
- 2008: 9.0.30729.7523
- 2010: 10.0.40219.473
- 2012: 11.0.61135.400
- 2013: 12.0.40664.0
- 2019: Latest
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- Visual C++ 2002: 7.0.9975.0
- Visual C++ 2003: 7.10.6119.0
- Visual Basic Runtimes
The 2019 runtimes cover the 2015 and 2017 versions as they are binary compatible. The latest version of each runtime should be installed in the end on the device.
You may also run the program from the command line. The command VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe /? displays the list of available parameters. Command line parameters let you install different versions only, remove all detected runtimes, or run a manual install mode that requires user input.
VisualCppRedist AIO is a handy program, as it makes it easy to install all major Visual C++ Redistributables in one go and remove non-compliant ones. It is recommended that you create a backup before you start the application.
It is a good option to start from scratch, by using the /aiD parameter, which will uninstall all detected runtimes automatically, or to install specific runtimes in one operation. Whether it is a good idea to install all runtimes on a system is up for debate, as some runtimes may not be needed on the system.
Now You: how do you handle runtimes and updates? (via Deskmodder)Advertisement