Happy Birthday NirSoft! New Pre-Release Tools section online
The website Nirsoft, maintained by dedicated programmer Nir Sofer, turned 15 years today. The site is best known for its tiny useful tools for the Windows operating system that are a treasure trove for administrators and regular users alike.
NirSoft is one of our favorite developers and the site is still going strong after all these years. To celebrate the 15th birthday, NirSoft launched a new section on its site that provides a glimpse of pre-release tools.
You can point your browser to the pre-release section on the NirSoft website and download the tools listed there. The first version of the page lists seven different tools that have not been released as stable builds yet. Since they are still in development, these tools have no dedicated page yet on the Nirsoft website.
All of the tools are development versions; means, bugs are to be expected and they should not be run in production environments. Note that all tools are provided as encrypted zip archives. The password for these archives is listed on the page.
Here is the list of tools that is available right now on the page:
- BrowserDownloadsView -- Provides an overview of Firefox and Chrome downloads. May also calculate hashes, and supports showing download lists of remote systems.
- PropertySystemView -- A tool to change the properties of files using the property system of Windows. You may use it to change timestamps, comments, or other properties.
- WinDefThreatsView -- The program lists the threats that Windows Defender detected on the system. Supports local and remote machines, requires Windows 8.1 or newer.
- InstalledAppView -- Lists all installed Windows Store Apps. Displays Manifest file, supports uninstallation, and runs on local and remote systems.
- TraceMenuID -- Scans all running programs that use standard menu items to display them all in a list.
- SecurityQuestionsView -- Allows you to extract security questions from Windows 10 systems.
- ExtPassword -- A tool to extract passwords from external hard drives on Windows. Supports extracting passwords from various applications, e.g. browsers or Outlook.
Now You: What is your favorite Nirsoft program? (via Deskmodder)Advertisement