Microsoft Office May 2018 non-security updates overview
Yesterday was the first Tuesday of the month and that means Microsoft Office patch day at Microsoft. The May 2018 non-security updates for Microsoft Office include patches for Microsoft Office 2016, 2013 and 2010.
As usually, these updates apply only to Microsoft Installer (msi) editions of Microsoft Office and not to Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365.
Just open the linked support pages to find out more about the updates and download 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the patches to your device to apply them to the Office installation.
KB4022144 -- The update fixes a single issue in Microsoft Outlook that caused the view pane to remain blank and "Waiting for a page to be retrieved from a CRM server" is displayed.
KB4018389 -- The update for Office 2013 improves the Swiss translation.
KB4011281 -- The update for OneNote 2013 fixes the translation for the View meeting notes function for Dutch users.
KB4018376 -- The update fixes several issues in Outlook 2013 include the issue described in KB4022144. It fixes the following issues as well:
- A crash in Outlook 2013 when you access a public folder if it is connected using MAPI/HTTP.
- An email message may be lost when Outlook 2013 is connected to an IMAP server that does not support UIDPLUS IMAP extensions when moving an email and a network error occurs.
- The update improves the Swiss translation.
- The update enables the Large Address Aware (LAA) state for 32-bit versions of Outlook to address memory issues that cause a fragmented and non-rendering user interface.
KB4018379 -- The update for Project 2013 fixes several issues:
- Links to shared resource files may be lost under certain circumstances.
- Timesheet issues where work entered on the second day may be moved to the first day.
- Issue where the finish date is shifted to one day later.
KB4018377 -- Update for Skype for Business 2015.
KB3203479 -- Update for Office 2016 fixes a freeze that may occur in Access 2016 when connecting toÂ a list on a SharePoint site.
KB4011634 -- The update fixes an issue in Microsoft Excel 2016 where a "sign in" box needs to be closed at least 10 times to make it go away.
KB4018318 -- The update for Office 2016 fixes a contact editing issue that may occur when you edit multiple fields of a contact at once. Some changes may be lost when you save the fields.
KB4018369 -- The update resolves an issue with Web add-ins that are designed for Office 365 andÂ earlier versions of Office that worked only in Office 365.
KB4022133 -- Resolves an issue where the context menus for .htm and .html files are displayed in English instead of the native language.
KB4018321 -- Same as KB4011281.
KB4018372 -- The update fixes several issues in Outlook 2016 including the one described in KB4022144. Also:
- Enables Advanced Encryption Standard with a 256-bit key length if Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) is supported.
- Improves the Swiss translation.
- Fixes dialog box truncation issue in the German version of Outlook when adding a public folder.
- Addresses 32-bit Outlook memory issues by enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) state
- Duplicate folder creation issue for some special folders.
- Attachment display message when a sender from outside the organization sends an email with an attachment to an Office 365 Modern Group.
- Crash when accessing public folders if Outlook is connected by using MAPI/HTTP.
- Can't send email message after migrating mailboxes.
- Creating a task in a secondary mailbox may save it to the primary mailbox and may set the owner to the user of the primary mailbox.
KB4018373 -- The update addresses issues described in KB4018379. Fixes a crash issue in Project 2016.
KB4018367 -- Skype for Business 2016 update.
Anyone having an error installing some of these updates on 1803?
I have a small business with 3 machines. We installed 1803 on Tuesday, and after rebooting, can’t get Office 365 to open or perform properly.
We uninstalled the update, but apparently the damage has been done.