Mount Zip To Virtual Folders
Zip files have to be extracted before the content can be accessed usually. This is especially true for installation packages that come as a zip file. Executing the setup from within the zip file could lead to problems if other files contained in the package are required for the setup to execute properly.
Pismo File Mount Audit Package can mount zip files but also iso, compact iso, compact file set and private folder files as virtual folders on the system. That's an excellent way to access and run the content of a zip file without having to unpack it first.
The software supports a wide range of Windows operating systems; basically, any 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows starting with Windows XP is supported by the application.
Pismo File Mount Audit Package
The program integrates itself nicely in Windows Explorer's right-click menu. Its entry is displayed only when you right-click on supported file extensions such as zip or iso. Files can be mounted from all available locations including network devices and removable media, and they appear as a folder on the operating system afterwards.
This is one of the main differences between File Mount Audit Package and virtual CD or DVD tools which can also mount disk image formats, but only as virtual drives usually.
Admins and tech savvy users can run the program from the command line as well.
Pismo File Mount Audit Package is a powerful program for Windows that lets you mount zip archives and various disk image formats as virtual folders on Windows machines. It can be run from the command line, and supports local and network operations.
Update: The program is available for all recent versions of Windows. Developer packages are available for Linux and OSX and only provide command line access and not a graphical user interface.
The core features of the program in detail:
- Read zip archives - You can mount zip archives as read only folders on the system to access contents or execute applications.
- Read CD and DVD ISO images - Mount CD and DVD ISOs and access their contents directly.
- Mount CFS files.
- Create and store data in private folders - This creates an encrypted and compressed container that you can move files and folders in to.
- Windows Explorer integration.
- Support for all Windows file systems and several third party file systems.
- Mounting of files on local, removable and network devices.
- Command line interface that supports scripting.