Stream Music over the Internet with Vibe Streamer
A friend of mine was asking me if there was a quick and easy way to stream music over the Internet. I did some research for him and found the solution in the free software Vibe Streamer. This program makes it possible to stream music over Internet and Lan and comes equipped with all the features necessary to make it a great product.
It is first of all possible to stream - share would be a better word in my opinion - an unlimited amount of mp3 files and protect them by creating user groups and accounts that have permission to access the mp3 files. Another security measure is to protect the server with an IP whitelist which only allows access for IPs that are listed.
The computer running Vibe Streamer has to be connected to the Internet of course if others want to access the song collection. This is done by opening a connection to the IP address of the server in a web browser. Currently Internet Exlorer, Firefox and Opera are supported which means that everyone should be able to access the collection.
- Free music streaming server.
- Open source (GPLv3)
- Easy installation and configuration.
- Share unlimited files and directories.
- Full support for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7.
- Full support for Linux through Wine
- Protect your directories with user accounts and groups.
- Easily manage your users, groups and their access rights.
- High performance and well designed web client that supports large collections.
- SSL support for secure traffic
- Last.fm audio scrobbling integration
- UPnP support for simple router configuration
- Unlimited skin possibilities, create your own or download new skins as they appear on our website.
- The included standard skin support most commonly used browsers.
- A script language that is fully integrated with the server.
Nice find Martin… just tested it, – works well :D