The five most embarassing ways to die in an FPS
I had a good laugh when I read the article "The five most embarassing ways to die in an FPS" which describes five entertaining (for the others) and embarrassing (for the one being killed) ways to die in first person shooters.
I have been playing pro level Unreal Tournament for about two years and it was always a pleasure to witness an embarrassing death. Unreal Tournament however was not the only game that I was playing. I also enjoyed Quake 3 Arena, Counter Strike (Source) and many other PC shooters.
The website that published the list is currently not available, here is a short recap of the five ways:
- The â€œOther? Nade Kill - Being killed by a grenade is a common way to die in Counter Strike. Dieing because someone (a team mate for instance) hit you with the grenade subtracting 1HP from your hitpoints is pretty embarrassing. Everyone else will have a good laugh though
- Crushing People - Some games subtract 1HP if you fall on someone. This is another funny way to die.
- Cratering - I'm able to make that jump.. Well, seeing someone trying to jump from a cliff to the other side and failing miserably is funny.
- The Shank - Being killed by the worst weapon in the game.
- The Telefrag - the beloved telefrag. This was the BEST weapon in Unreal Tournament until Epic decided to nerf it. A friend of mine was so good with the friggin teleporter that he was constantly accused of cheating. There was no cap in the beginning which meant you could teleport around many times in a second.Telefragging means that your character appears in the same spot that another character is standing in. The character standing in that spot is instantly destroyed which means that this is a very good way to get rid of someone with armor, shield and the best weapons.
Are there other ways that you can think of ? Rocket Boosts gone wrong for instance is surely a nice way to die although it resembles Cratering.Advertisement
its also embarrassing to be knifed from behind after the opponent has been chasing you for a while
To be honest? that is one of the most useless information you gave. Anyway I played mainly WWII fps so I know what is a good laught/kill in the middle of the night:) keeps you up and gives you memories.
its also embarrasing to be killed by that opponent who you have been chasing for a while with a knife :)
my own list:
by a defibrillator in bf2
own grenade “oops – it bounced”
parachute – “err which button was it again”
how about….and yes I’ve done this…killing yourself with a rebound from ripper disks in UT:GOTY
I hate beign killed in CS:S when someone appears in front of my screen and before signal from my brain goes to finger to shoot I get headshoot from opponent ;]
You can easily die from your own flames using the molotov cocktail in baboviolent. Seeing someone burning trying to get some help is really funny (in game offcourse). It’s like stepping in your own shit.
“The Telefrag – the beloved telefrag. This was the BEST weapon in Unreal Tournament until Epic decided to nerve it.”
The correct term is NERF. Made popular by the american toys made of foam.
# Nerf (computer gaming), a change to the rules of a computer game that weakens a certain object, ability or character
Brian you are right, was in a hurry on my holiday. Corrected it in the main article.