All Apps of Donation Coder's NANY 2015 event
I have followed the NANY (New Apps for a New Year) event over on Donation Coder ever since it was first introduced in 2007.
It is a fun event in which programmers pledge to produce one or multiple new software programs for the event that they release for free when the year ends.
What I like most about it is that you get a wide variety of results, from very basic apps to complex ones.
Each year, there is always a selection of apps and games released by participants that I like and consider useful, and this year is no exception to that.
You can check out the main apps roundup page on Donation Coder and also check out past year submissions on it as well.
Below is a list of all apps released this year. A summary of what the app or game does is listed there as well so that you know what it is all about.
All NANY 2015 apps
- Hotrod Panel - Create imaginary control panels for android-based car screens.
- WhenLast - Keep track of when you did certain things the last time. You can read my full review of WhenLast here.
PC (mostly Windows, some Linux/OSX)
- Active Text Notes - A post-it-notes application that runs silently in the background pulling text from file that you specify to update the notes automatically.
- apng2gif and webp2gif - A simply converter to turn animated png and webp files into gif files.
- Ballistic - Filter a list of words based on criteria that you select. Designed for word puzzles.
- Bomber - Cross-platform game in which you drop bombs to destroy buildings to avoid crashing in them.
- Commandline File Downloader - Download and start files from the command line.
- Delete After Days - Select files that you want deleted after a certain number of days have passed.
- Fenix Web Gallery - Generate web applications.
- KML Reader - A program to plot and map KML files using Google Maps.
- Link Warlock - A link manager using XML files that you can use to find and open links.
- MarkdownBuddy - Displays the parsed version of a markdown document.
- PasteQuick - A desktop to Pastebin application for Windows and Linux.
- ROTTools - Diagnostic Tools to interact with the Running Object Table.
- SedTester - Simple tester for Sed expressions.
- Splat - Create startup profiles to launch/kill groups of programs and processes.
- Task Manager - Keep track of notes and tasks with the help of this portable program.
- Drawskrit - A description language for drawings and diagrams
There are no comments on this post yet, be the first one to share your thoughts!