Protect your Android device with an ear shattering alarm sound
Depending on how you have configured your Android phone or tablet, it may be accessible for some time after you have stopped using it. If you have not encrypted it your device may be accessible to anyone who comes close to it with you not necessarily knowing that this is happening.
While you should not leave your phone or tablet lying around in public places, it may happen that you do so when you are at home, at a friend's house or in the local gym.
There is no indicator that someone is snooping around or accessing functionality that they should not. Think of games not suitable for children for example.
Touch alarm protector has been designed as a solution. It is rather radical in its approach and if you do not like alarm sounds, it may not be the most suitable option for you.
The idea behind the app is to sound an alarm when the phone is moved. This alarm plays continuously until a secret unlock key combination is used to stop it (by default it is three times Volume UP).
The app ships in disarmed state and I highly suggest you check out the controls to disarm the device again before you arm it. You can make the following modifications in the apps' preferences:
- Enable or disable the alarm functionality.
- Modify the volume of the alarm. It is set to maximum by default.
- Select the sound that you want played when someone tries to move the phone.
- If you want to be notified with a sound once the alarm is activated.
- Configure whether you want the alarm to play continuously until it is disarmed.
- The sensitivity level. This determines the sensitivity of the touch alarm.
- Add blinking LED or vibrating notificators.
- Set the arm and disarm period.
- Switch to a different disarm code.
It is highly suggested to test this form of alarm at home before you head out as you may be in for a surprise if it goes off in public places.
Note that while the app may inform you that someone picked up your phone or tablet at that very moment, it won't protect your data as a tap on the home button will open the home screen of your phone. Once there, it is possible to open the app and disarm it from its settings.
That said, it has not been designed to prevent access to your phone but to provide you with the information that someone just accessed it.Advertisement