How To Change Your Birthday On Facebook
When you sign up for a Facebook account you are asked to enter information about you including your birthday.
The majority of Facebook users will probably get that right, but it can happen that you pick the wrong date either accidentally or on purpose if you do not want to reveal you true age to the social networking site.
This could lead to issues in the past, for instance when Facebook requested identification to prove your existence to them, or when you noticed that the wrong birthday was associated with your profile.
Change your birthday on Facebook
Facebook made it a lot easier recently when it comes to changing the birthday. Previously, it did not allow you to change the birthday directly using the edit profile option provided on the site which meant you had to request a change instead (the old guide is attached to the article).
This is no longer the case fortunately, which means that you can change the birthday on Facebook directly and without delay at any time, provided you have access to your profile.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open your Facebook Profile page. You can do that by clicking on your name next to search at the top of any Facebook page.
- Select "Update Info" on the page. You find the link in the header area on the right of your name.
- Switch to the "Overview" option when the "about section" opens on Facebook.
- There you find listed your current birthday. Move the mouse cursor over it, and select "edit your contact and basic info" link that appears with the left mouse button.
- Locate "Basic Information" on the page and move the mouse cursor over the birth date or birth year. When you do so, an edit option becomes available. Click on it.
- Change the birth month, year and day and click on the "save changes" button afterwards.
Congratulations, you have just changed the birthday on Facebook.
Old article with outdated information
When you finally find out that the option is available under Edit Profile, you will notice that the birthday is not editable there.
Why is it blocked? The most likely reason is to block users from changing their birthday from changing it whenever they feel like it, and to block minors trying to make themselves adults on the site.
This is however a issue if you have accidentally selected the wrong birthday. How can you change it if not in the Facebook profile?
The only way to change your date of birth on Facebook is to contact the Facebook support team to make them change it for your.
Facebook has made available a form for that request which you can access here.
Here you need to select the new birth date and enter a reason for the change. The most likely reason is that you have made an error during account creation. It is likely that the first request will be granted if you use that reason for changing the birthday.
There is no telling how Facebook will react if you use the form multiple times throughout the years. It is likely that they will deny the second or third request unless you provide them with a very good reason for the change.Advertisement