EASEUS Partition Master 5.0.1 Professional is a sophisticated partitioning software that can not only perform various partitioning tasks but also partition recovery and transfers.
Update: Please note that EASEUS has released updates for Partition Master Professional that improve the program's functionality. It is for instance compatible with newer versions of Windows, supports 4K alignment, or options to convert MBR system disks to GPT and vice versa. A free version featuring most of the features of the professional version, is also available for download.
Most computer users will eventually need to run specialized software to perform a specific task.
Partition software is one type that often needs to be used after buying a new hard drive, repairing partition errors like drive letters that are not recognized anymore, before installing a new operating system, or for migrating the operating system to a new drive.
While you may only need these types of programs sporadically, or not at all if you never modify your PC and don't run into any partitioning issues, it is often better to use specialized software instead of build-in Windows tools.
The partition software displays a list of all connected hard drives after launch. This display is divided in a visual representation of all hard drives and partitions, and a simpler table display.
Each partition is listed with its drive letter (if assigned), file system type, size, status, used and unused disk space, and if it is a primary or logical partition.
A left sidebar is provided for quick operation access. Additional tools are listed in the toolbar and menubar.
The available operations in the sidebar become only available after selecting a hard drive or partition from the menu. The available options depend on the user's selection.
The following partitioning operations are provided by EASEUS Partition Master Professional:
- Extend System Partition to optimize the computers' performance.
- Resize/Move Partition without data loss to solve low disk problem and optimize the usage of disk with the drag-and-drop operations easily.
- Create Partition for different usage. For example, one for your data and another for the system.
- Merge Partitions into a bigger one when one of them runs out of space.
- Split Partition for different usage, one for system and another for data.
- Delete partitions with simple steps.
- Wipe Partition can erase the data on the partition completely and ensure that the data can not be recovered by any data recovery solution.
- Delete all partitions and Format partitions with simple steps.
- Create a Bootable CD/DVD to manage partitions even when the computers fail to boot.
- Support Hardware RAID - useful feature especially for the Windows Server users.
- Convert FAT to NTFS, primary partition to logical, and logical partition to primary.
- Label Partitions - assign drive letter to partition for easier recognition.
- Hide and Unhide Partitions - protect important data from unauthorized or casual access.
- Set an Active Partition - specify one partition to be the boot partition.
- Recover partitions
- Upgrade System Disk
- Migrate OS to new hard drive
The software can be used to create, delete, merge, split, hide, recover and wipe partitions on the computer system, and to move data from one drive to another. Supported are many types of hard drives including IDE, SATA, SCSI as well as hardware Raid setups.
Partition recovery options are provided by EASEUS Partition Master 5.0.1 Professional to recover data from partitions that are not accessible anymore. This can be due to hard drive crashes, virus attacks or accidental formats and deletes among other things.
- Recover deleted or lost files even emptied from Recycle Bin.
- File recovery after accidental format.
- Recover files from deleted or lost partition.
- Data recovery after a hard disk crash.
- Get back files after a partitioning error.
- Get data back from RAW hard drives.
- Recover files from virus attacked partitions or disks.
- Recover office document, photo, image, video, music, email, etc.
- Recover .JPG, .JPEG, .DOC, .XLS, .MP3, .AVI, .PST, etc.
- Support hardware RAID and dynamic disk recovery.
- Intelligent search to find any possible file system on hard drive.
- Ability to continue last recovery process.
- Save files to internal/external hard drive and LAN sharing.
A partition sometimes need to be copied or transferred. This is for instance the case if a bigger hard drive has been purchased with the intention to replace the old hard drive in the computer system.
Partition Master 5.01 supports two of the most requested features by users: The ability to migrate a hard drive without having to reinstall the Windows operating system and the ability to copy and resize so that the destination's partition size matches the source's one.
- Partition Copy: Fast file-by-file copy to protect your data before any operation.
- Hard Disk Copy: Easily upgrade/migrate hard drive to backup data as well as no Windows system reinstallation required.
- Dynamic Volume Copy: Safely clone dynamic volume to basic disk and resize dynamic volume indirectly, etc.
- Copy with Resize: Resize (shrink or enlarge) partitions during copy process in order to fit target space.
EASEUS Partition Master Professional is an easy to use program with lots of partitioning features under the hood.
Just execute the installer and follow the instructions. The installer does not hold any surprises, it is adware free and without third-party offers of any kind.
The partitioning software supports 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10.
Ghacks is a technology news blog that was founded in 2005 by Martin Brinkmann. It has since then become one of the most popular tech news sites on the Internet with five authors and regular contributions from freelance writers.