Ten unknown firefox extensions
Everton from connectedinternet.co.uk compiled a list of ten Firefox extensions that don't get glamorized that much. The list includes some extensions that I never heard before, like the Colorful Tabs Extension. Make sure you head over to his site and take a look at the compilation.
I'm using the Image Zoom extension for some time though. Its great if a website does not offer a larger version of an image and you want to see more details.
Update: Of all the ten extensions listed in the article, only some are still available for the latest versions of the Firefox web browser. Two of the extensions, Webmail Compose, and Almost Fullscreen, are both no longer available. Both extensions have been removed by their authors from the Mozilla Add-ons repository.
Of the remaining eight extensions, at least two have not been updated for a long time. Optimize Tweaks for instance has not been updated since 2005.
Here are the remaining extensions that can still be installed in latest versions of the Firefox web browser:
- Download Statusbar - This extension displays downloads in the status bar area of the web browser. This is still a solid alternative for Firefox users who want their downloads to be displayed in the browser in a different way.
- Colorful Tabs - This extension colors the tabs in different colors, making it easier to distinguish the open websites.
- Image Zoom - This one lets you zoom in and out of images displayed in the Firefox web browser.
- PDF Download - Adds pdf viewing and management controls to the Firefox browser. Download pdfs, watch them in the browser directly, or convert web pages to pdf.
- Tab Mix Plus - One of the most popular Firefox add-ons. Adds a lot of features to the tabbar, including tab clicking options, duplicating, and other controls and options.
- Media Player Connectivity - Allows you to launch media in external media players.