Ten great Firefox extensions for 1.5
I've been using Firefox for a long time and can recommend it to anyone who is still using Microsoft Internet Explorer. Besides being more secure, Firefox users have the ability to install extensions, little addons that add to the functionality of the browser. I collected ten nice extensions that are worth a try if you are using Firefox. All work with the latest build 1.5 and versions before, of course.
Lets start with the extensions:
- Disable Targets for Downloads - Prevents the spawning of blank windows when you click on a download link.
- Gmail Notifier - Notifies you when you have new mail in your gmail account
- Footiefox - You like football ? Football news straight from this extension, covers the most important international leagues.
- Linkchecker - Checks the links of a website and shows working /non working ones.
- Quick Locale Switcher - Allows you to quickly change and apply a different general.useragent.locale preference from the tools menu.
- Fasterfox - Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS cache, and initial paint delay.
- Image Zoom - I dislike websites that display small screenshots with no option to view the image in a increased size. Image Zoom allows you to zoom images.
- Session Saver - SessionSaver restores your browser -exactly- as you left it, every startup, every time.
- gTranslate - Mark a text in a website and let the extension translate if for you.
- Google preview - Displays little thumbnails of the websites when you perform google searches.
Update:Â It is interesting to note that only four of the extensions that were available for Firefox 1.5, are no longer available, while the remaining six extensions are still available for the latest versions of the Firefox browser.Â We have removed the broken extensions from this article as a result of this. You can follow the links to install the other extensions right in the latest version of the Firefox web browser.Advertisement