KB4532695 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 fixes File Explorer Search issue
Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4532695 for the company's Windows 10 operating system that fixes several issues including the File Explorer Search issue.
The update is available for Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909 which share updates due to the nature of Windows 10 version 1909. Builds increase to version 18362.628 and 18363.628 respectively.
The updates are available via Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and as direct downloads on the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
KB4532695 for Windows 10 version 1903
Here is what is new and changed:
- Improves accuracy of Windows Hello face authentication
- Fixes an unnamed Windows Mixed Reality issue.
- Fixes an unmentioned issue with download notifications.
- Fixes an issue that caused the order of tiles in the Start Menu to change while the layout was set to locked or partially locked.
- Fixes a search issue that caused a grey box to appear when running searches in the Control Panel or in File Explorer.
- Fixes a memory leak in ctfmon.exe.
- Fixes a keyboard reliability issue in Windows Mixed Reality home.
- Fixes a issue that prevented the Language Bar from appearing under certain circumstances.
- Fixes a touch keyboard issue that caused it to close when any key is pressed.
- Fixes a Indirect Display driver signing issue.
- Fixes an issue with running unsigned programs when Windows Defender Application Control is in audit mode.
- Fixes an issue that caused the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to stop working.
- Fixes an issue that caused an error when unplugging USB type C hub flash drives.
- Fixes an Always On Virtual Private Network issue that would not remove Name Resolution Policy Table rules after disconnection.
- Fixes a Print Management console issue that caused it to display script errors.
- Fixes a Windows firewall issue that dropped network traffic from Modern apps such as Microsoft Edge when connecting to corporate networks using a VPN.
- Fixes an issue that displayed incorrect indicators for online and offline files.
- Fixes an ntdsutil.exe issue that prevented the moving of Active Directory database files.
- Fixes a netdom.exe trust issue.
- Fixes a compatibility status evaluation issue.
- Fixes a potential memory leak in the Application Virtualization Streaming Driver.
- Fixes a log corruption issue.
- Fixes a code refactoring issue that increased Logical Volume Integrity Descriptors (LVID).
There are no known issues according to Microsoft.
KB4532695 for Windows 10 version 1909
The update for Windows 10 version 1909 includes all the changes and fixes of the update for Windows 10 version 1903 plus the following ones:
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from using the right mouse button to paste Clipboard content into the search bar of File Explorer.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the search bar of File Explorer from accepting user input.
Microsoft lists no know issues for the update.Advertisement