Quick Cliq, Windows Application Launcher, Productivity Tool
Quick Cliq is an application launcher and productivity tool for the Windows operating system. The application adds a programmable menu to the system that can be launched with the mouse gesture or a hotkey.
The hotkey Windows-Z or holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse down will open a customizable context menu on the screen. Files, folders, email addresses, website addresses and system tools can be added easily to that context menu to open the tools and locations faster than usually.
The context menu needs to be configured on first run. This is done from the context menu itself or the system tray icon.
The context menu consists of items which link to one of the elements described above, submenus to sort specific items into groups and separators to further distinguish between items.
The menu supports drag and drop so that items can be sorted with the mouse after they have been created. Items are defined by selecting one from the menu and then a type from the choose type pulldown menu.
It is basically possible to add any number of file links, websites, emails, applications and folders to the context menu to open these items faster. System tools range from control panel items to system folders, utilities, Internet Explorer features such as deleting cookies or history to so called actions which can clear the clipboard, lock the screen, shut down windows or turn Aero on or off.
The program extends the Windows Clipboard automatically so that nine entries can be saved instead of just one. The context menu contains a folder with advanced editing features for saved items.
The feature list in detail:
* Easy and quick access to folders, files, programs, links, e-mail templates, and command line operations
* Run an unlimited number of shortcuts with one item!
* Unlimited number of shortcuts and menus available that are fully customizable
* Access to Open/Save dialogs and fast folder switching in explorer
* 9 extra clipboards - with advanced editing functions (See below)
* Hide and show windows
* Memos that hold commonly used text and can be sent to an active window or placed on the clipboard
* Customizable Hot keys and Mouse Gestures for each feature
* Special shortcut type which will allow you to navigate a directory in a menu
* Drag & drop interface and Windows Explorer context menu integration lets you add any shortcut with just few clicks
* Save any menu you have created as an S-Menu file that you can run outside of Quick Cliq
* A Recent menu that will log recently closed folders so that you can access them quickly
* Ability to turn off any feature/option you donâ€™t currently need
The Clipboard Features
* The clipboards can hold binary data (files/folders) as well as application specific data
* View and Edit any clipboard in it's native format or plain text
* Append data to any clipboard making it a useful list making tool
* Basic text formatting
* Clean all formatting from the clipboard leaving only plain text (remove HTML formatting)
* Convert copied files to their full file path
* Save the clipboardâ€™s content to a file
The portable application uses a surprisingly low amount of system resources while running. The working set was around 5 Megabytes of RAM on our 64-bit Windows test system.