MocoSpace is a so called mobile social networking website. What this means is that it is primarily designed for mobile access and not computer desktop access.
Another interesting aspect of MocoSpace is the fact that it is open for anyone regardless of their cell phone brand and carrier.
The service provided is similar to that of other social networking websites. MocoSpace users can chat, blog, upload photos and videos, use instant messaging, play games, use apps or participate in the forums.
Its mobile approach makes the site less susceptible to phishing and other forms of attack but it is still a good idea to protect the MocoSpace account from third parties. The same anti-phishing rules apply for MocoSpace than for any other popular website with user accounts:
These rules are:
- Never share your MocoSpace login.
- Always open the website in your browser, do not click on links that look like they lead to the website.
- Use a secure MocoSpace login password to avoid that someone can easily guess the password or use brute force to reveal it.
- If you use an app, make sure you use an official application or an app from a trusted third-party developer.
Also, remember to sign out of the account whenever you use a computer that others have access to.
We suggest to use a password manager like Last Pass if you access MocoSpace with your desktop computer or mobile browser if LastPass is available for it as well.
MocoSpace have published safety tips on their website which are a good read as well although they are more aimed at personal safety than MocoSpace account safety.
Protect your privacy - NEVER give out personal details such as your last name, phone number, address, email or any other types of identifying information.
People may lie about their identity. Be careful of interactions with strangers. Do not engage in any conversations or activities that make you uncomfortable. Trust your instincts.
NEVER, under any circumstances, agree to meet someone in real life that you have met online.
We do our best to monitor chat rooms and posts and review member profiles and content on a continuous basis to ensure that members comply with our Terms of Service. If a member is found to be in violation, including falsifying age, the offending content and/or member will immediately be removed and banned.
The default MocoSpace login page is available at http://www.mocospace.com/ if you want to access the site with your desktop computer. The default MocoSpace mobile login page is http://www.mocospace.com/wap2?r=953.
Forgot or lost your password
If you have forgotten your account password, cannot remember it or if it is not accepted, do the following:
- Either load the main Mocospace homepage and click on the "forgot password" link at the top, or open the forgot password page directly with a click on this link: http://www.mocospace.com/html/forgot.jsp
Forgot your Mocospace username
If you cannot remember your Mocospace username anymore or if it is not accepted, do the following to recover it:
- Open the Mocospace homepage and click on "Forgot User Name" at the top or open the recovery page directly: http://www.mocospace.com/html/forgot_name.jsp
What to do when your account was hacked
If your Mocospace account has been hacked and you cannot access it anymore, your only bet to regain control is to contact mocospace support.
The details are listed on this Support Center page. You need to provide them with information about the account and yourself. The company notes that all information need to be provided.
To summarize: Email email@example.com and include the following information in the email:
- User name on the account
- Date of birth
- Area Code and Zip Code
- LastÂ Name
- Phone model used to access the account recently
- Last known password