Create Custom Name Folder
Don't you hate it when Windows creates a new folder all the time with the name new folder? This can be quite problematic if you have to create a number of folders in a row or during your daily routine. While it is possible to rename the folders during creation, you sometimes may want to automate that process to save time that you can spend for other activities.
The tiny software Custom Folder integrates itself seamlessly into Windows Explorer adding advanced folder creation options to the right-click menu of it. You can choose a combination from any of the following:
- Static text: Place static text anywhere in the mask to define your default folder name
- Date: Chose from a two or four digit year mask; two digit month mask and two digit day mask
- Time: Chose from a two digit hour, minute and/or second field and add an optional three digit millisecond field
- Increment: By adding a simple switch, Custom Folder will automatically add a three digit incremented identifier to a default mask, making it ideal for backups or version control.
- Trim: Helping you to keep your filing tidy, the "trim" switch instructs Custom Folder to trim any blank spaces from either end of the default folder name, ensuring that subsequent searches or batch operations are not bugged by unseen leading or trailing spaces.
To use the program simply install it on your system. You will notice a new right-click option in the context menu after you have done so.Â Selecting create custom name folder displays the dialog that you see on the screenshot above. Here you can use one of the available presets to create new folders on the system. The latest version of the application supports the batch creation of folders, and the creation of new presets that become available then in the selection menu.
Note that Custom Folder is fully compatible with all recent versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system. (via Donation Coder)
You can run the program from the command prompt as well or use it in batch files. The basic command is CustomFolderCmd.exe -mkdir "Mask" "Parent Folder"
Mask in this case is made up of the five options that you find above, e.g. the static text file, date or trim information while parent folder refers to the folder you want to create the new folders in to.Advertisement
with all this nifty little programs you keep finding… i realy wonder what your right-click menu looks like ;)
and your list of running processes
can you post some screen shots?