Manage your Tasks with Task Coach
The older I grow the more I have to rely on notes to remember tasks. It is not that bad at the moment but I do seem to forget tasks more often than a few years back.
A software like Task Coach comes in handy as it aids me and everyone else who needs to write down certain tasks to remember them. Task Coach can be used as simple reminder of tasks to come (birthdays, events, anniversaries) or for business projects as it enables you to add start, due and completion dates as well as budgets.
New Tasks can contain a description and subject, dates which have been mentioned before, a budget, attachments, categories and a set behavior (auto completion of task when all children are complete). Tasks can be sorted in various ways, filters can be applied and they can be exported in html, xml and calendar format.
The program, as lightweight as it may be, is versatile when it comes to managing tasks on a variety of systems. To add new tasks simply click on the new task button in the main interface to get started.
Here you can add a title, description and priority in the first tab that opens up and the following information in other tabs the program makes available in the window:
- Dates: Add planned start date, due date, actual start date, completion date, reminders and recurrence
- Prerequisites: If other tasks are prerequisites you can select them here.
- Progress: Set a level of completion in percent and decide whether the tasks should be completed automatically if all child tasks are.
- Categories: Add the task to one or multiple categories.
- Budget: Add a budget and other work related information here including hourly and fixed fees.
- Notes: Add notes of interest
- Attachments: Add files to the task
- Appearance: Give the task specific foreground and background colors, fonts and icons.
It is open source and versions for windows, linux and mac exist. (source: winaddons)
Update: Task Coach is now also available for Apple iOS devices. The desktop version remains free, while the iOS version needs to be purchased.Advertisement