Top 10 Ideas For Halloween
Halloween - Hate it or love it (seems that most geeks love it). The time of the year when most adults and teens alike rejoice at the prospect of dressing like Superman, the Simpsons or South Park characters. I tried to find costumes and accessories that could be made instead of just purchased, it does feel better to wear something that you created with your own hands instead of buying something that thousands of other people might wear as well; don't you think?
I know that it is still a little bit early but if you want to create a costume or accessory on your own you need some time to plan and create - better start early than to late. Below you find a list of links that link to Halloween accessories and costumes that you can make use of for the next Halloween party.
Let me start with some incredibly nice accessories:
- How to make vampire bat decorations
- Decorations (spider webs, mausoleum)
- Halloween Bones
- Pumpkin Patterns
- Jack O Lantern
- Spooky Glowing Water
- Make a cardboard costume helmet
- Make a Ghostbusters costume and accessories
- Cardboard Crocodile costume
- Tron Costume
- Men in Black Costume
- Giant Robots Costume
- How to build a better bat costume
As you can see, some of the Halloween costumes that I linked to in this article are no longer available, and I have removed the links pointing to those sites as a consequence. I'd like to provide you with several alternatives that have been posted in recent years that you may want to check out instead.
- Collection of 12 DIY Halloween costumes at Parents.com. Includes Scuba Diver, Beauty Queen
- Kid Halloween costumes at Family Fun
- 300 Spartan Halloween costume at Chiff
The instructions that you find on these pages tell you exactly what you need to build the accessories or costumes. While you still need at least some skill to create the items, it should not be too difficult for most.Advertisement