MySpace Tips and Tricks
Update: Scroll down to the second update below as it offers tips and tricks for the new MySpace. If you are still using the old, read on.
I thought I publish some tricks and tips to make the most out of the social networking site MySpace.They include: How to hide personal information, How to hide and make a profile private, How to hide your friends section, How to Hide Comments, How to Hide the last login and How to Hide Extended Network.
- MySpace Code: How to hide personal information Click on Edit Profile and enter the following code in the About Me section.
- MySpace Tip: How to hide and make a profile private Just change your birthday so that you are younger than 16 years of age.
- MySpace Code: How to hide and make a profile private Click on Edit Profile and enter the following code in the About Me section.
- MySpace Code: How to hide comments This will hide comments but not comments and friends.
- MySpace Code: How to hide the last loginPut this in your about me section Edit your City in Basic Information, paste the following code
- MySpace Code: How to the Hide Extended Network
Update: MySpace recently has made changes to the layout and design of their website, which has rendered the tips on this page useless. The core reason for this is that CSS has been disabled on MySpace, at least when it comes to user profiles and making CSS modifications to it.
Update 2: MySpace rolled out a new website design that rendered the tips useless. The new design is completely different from the old and while there are still options to control part of the interface, it appears that it is no longer possible to hide data on MySpace.
Here are tips for the new MySpace:
- Pin your music player so that it is always visible on the site. To do so move the mouse over the player area in the bottom toolbar. This opens the music queue and dashboard, and from here it is just the matter of clicking on the pin icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- You can mouse over any song in your queue and click on the delete icon to remove it from your queue.
- Switch your plays to private if you want your music and video plays not to be public. Click on the Plays:public link to change it to private.
- You can filter out types of content from your stream with a click on show filters on the left sidebar. Here you can remove information such as mixes, articles, profiles or song plays from your stream.
- You can switch from your music player queue to mixes or radio instead in the lower half. Radios are a great option to listen to Internet radio. Just select a genre or station you are interested in and it will play automatically.
- Mixes let you create music mixtapes. You simply drag and drop any song that you see in the library or your friend's profiles to an existing or a new mixtape. Make mixes private if you do not want them to be visible on your public profile page.
- MySpace displays connection icons to indicate connections between users. A filled circle indicates a connection from one user to another, two filled circles indicate that both have accepted the connection, and two empty circles indicate that no connection exists between the two users.
- You can import your classic MySpace playlists and photos in the settings.
- Here you can also modify privacy related settings such as restricting your profile to reduce its visibility.
- Use the notifications menu to disable email notifications that you do not want to receive. This can reduce the number of emails that you receive on any given day from MySpace.