uTorrent and Last.fm iPhone applications
You can think whatever you want about the Apple iPhone but it surely gets more developer love than most other phones currently on the market. I spotted two incredible applications for the iPhone which might appeal to a lot of iPhone owners. The first software is called Mobile Scrobbler which connects the iPhone and iPod Touch with Last.fm.
While I'm not a heavy Last.fm user I tend to use it when I quickly want to listen to a new band I heard about or find out about similar artists of a band that I do like. Mobile Scrobbler sends data of the music that you are listening to to Last.fm which uses this information to suggest new artists and songs.
What I really like is that the developer is currently working on a function that streams Last.fm radio streams to the Iphone or iPod Touch. The announcement was made today and it could be that this feature will already be implemented in the coming days. The artists and track infos that are displayed will also be soon available in the software for the iPhone.
Usage Instructions for Mobile Scrobbler:
- Enter your Last.fm username and password
- Tap "Start Scrobbling"
- MobileScrobbler will login to the Last.fm site, and display a music note icon in the status bar letting you know the application is still running in the background.
- After logging in, press the Home button on your device and tap the iPod icon and listen to music. Any tracks you play should automatically show up on your Last.fm profile page after you've listened to more than half of the track.
- To stop submitting tracks, open MobileScrobbler from your home screen and tap "Stop Scrobbling". The music note in the status bar will disappear and you will be logged out of Last.fm.
- To see how many tracks have been scrobbled or queued for this session, as well as the most recent status message from AudioScrobbler, click the "Session Statistics" button.
uTorrent application for iPhone:
The uTorrent webui software for the Apple iPhone makes it possible to start, stop and add torrents using the uTorrent web interface which has to be installed on the local computer that is running uTorrent. What I like is that you can access the web ui to get a quick overview of the current download and seeding status of your torrent files as well as a way to control any torrents through the iPhone.
This is in my opinion far better and secure than using a public computer to access the uTorrent web interface.Advertisement
Yeah I listen to Last.fm on my ipod touch all the time now. One of the best apps availible for the device. It saves me space by not having to put so much music on there.