Windows 10 updates KB4346783, KB4343893, KB4343889 and KB4343884 arrive
Microsoft released new cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1803, 1709, 1703, 1607 and Windows Server 2016 on August 30, 2018.
Microsoft notes that the updates are available through Windows Update and the Microsoft Update catalog. A quick Windows Update check on a device running Windows 10 version 1803 revealed that the update is not picked up yet on that device, however.
KB4346783 for Windows 10 version 1803
KB4346783 includes quality improvements only according to Microsoft. The update does not introduce new features or security updates.
Note: The update has one known issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to fail to load when Application Guard Window is enabled. Microsoft suggests that users remove KB4343909, install KB4340917, and re-install KB4343909 to resolve the issue.
- Fixed flickering issue in Microsoft Foundation Class applications.
- Addressed a reliability issue in applications with extensive window nesting.
- Touch and mouse events were handled different in Windows Presentation Foundation applications with transparent overlay windows.
- Fixed several issues with Universal CRT.
- Fixed client authentication issues with Edge and other UWP on TMP 2.0 devices.
- Fixed "Access Denied" issue in computer certificate enrollment or renewal after installing the April 2018 update.
- Fixed data decryption from memory issue after certain CAPI decryption operations complete.
- Addressed a Device Guard issue that prevented PackageInspector.exe from including all files required for an application to run.
- Fixed network printer connectivity issue after user sign-in.
- Fixed printing on 64-bit versions of Windows when 32-bit applications "impersonate other users". Fix is to either go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print in the Registry and set Splwow64Compat to 1, or to use the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit to enable Splwow64Compat App Compat Shim globally.
- Fixed a Wi-Fi EAP-TTLS (CHAP) authentication issue.
- Addressed stop code error 0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on devices that have 802.1x Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) enabled.
- Addresses an issue that may remove a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) option from a reservation after changing the DHCP scope settings.
- Key Management Service (KMS) extended to support the upcoming Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and Windows Server editions. Further information see KB4347075.
KB4343893 for Windows 10 version 1709
The update shares some of the fixes that Microsoft released for Windows 10 version 1803. It includes the following additional improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused win32kfull.sys to stop working with Stop error 3B.
- Users had to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice to exit assigned access mode with autologon enabled.
- Addressed an authentication issue with PIV/CAC smart cards when using Enterprise resources or Windows Hello for Business.
- Microsoft Edge stopped working after configuring DLL rules in AppLocker.
- Fixed high CPU uage issue on Sierra broadband modules devices when switching from WLAN to LAN.
- Fixed Failed to read from stream. HRESULT = 0xC00CEE3A error when running VMS on a cluster-shared volume.
- Addresses an issue where changes to the %HOMESHARE% path aren't reflected in the folder redirection configuration.
- Fixed password had to be entered twice when connecting to locked devices using Remote Desktop Connect.
- Provides a stability resolution for native Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) enumeration and the runtime D3 (RTD3) state.
- Fixed a Start menu not opening after refreshing the PC issue.
KB4343889 for Windows 10 version 1703
The update shares some of the fixes with Windows 10 version 1709 and 1803.
KB4343884 for Windows 10 version 1607 and Windows Server 2016
The update shares some of the fixes with Windows 10 version 1709 and 1803. The following fixes are unique to KB4343884:
- The music metadata service provider used by Windows Media Player is updated.
- Addressed a lock screen image issue from March 2018 that showed incorrect lock screen images.
- Fixed a PowerShell issue that caused some operations from working correctly.
- Fixed a Windows Task Scheduler issue that saw events start a week earlier than selected.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Hypervisor from starting automatically on restart after enabling Device Guard and running a nested or non-nested virtualization scenario.
- Fixed excessive Event ID 12660 â€œCannot open handle to Hyper-V storage providerâ€ messages.
- Addresses an issue that causes virtual functions (VF) to be unintentionally removed when a virtual machine (VM) is saved in Hyper-V Manager.
- Addresses an issue that causes an Azure to on-premise failback operation to fail and puts the virtual machine (VM) into an unresponsive state.
- Addresses an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) issue where Multi-Factor Authentication does not work correctly with mobile devices that use custom culture definitions.
- Fixed 15 second delay in new user enrollment in Windows Hello for Business.
- Addresses an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) issue that causes Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to stop working intermittently.
- Addresses an issue that generates Event ID 2006 and prevents the Windows Performance counter from reading Server Message Block (SMB) performance counters.
- Addresses an issue that causes svchost.exe to stop working intermittently.
- Issue that caused server to restart when the system nonpaged pool consumes too much memory fixed.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a drive from being made writable even after BitLocker encryption has completed. This issue occurs when using the FDVDenyWriteAccess policy.
- Fixed issue that displayed blue screen instead of lock screen on device wake up from sleep.