Custom Explorer Toolbar, Add Custom Items To Windows Explorer
Custom Explorer Toolbar is a brand new Nirsoft application that can be used to customize the Windows Explorer toolbar under Windows 7. The program has been designed to only work under Windows 7, it won't work under Windows Vista or XP. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of the operating system are supported.
If you open Windows Explorer under Windows 7, you will notice a toolbar sitting between the navigation and search, and the sidebar and file listings in Windows Explorer. It contains items such as Organize, Open, Share With or New Folder.
Custom Explorer Toolbar offers customization options for that toolbar in Explorer.
When you first start the portable software, you will notice that everything is configured on one screen. A list of available buttons has been placed prominently in the interface. These functions can be selected via checkboxes. Each item is listed with its title and a description of its functionality.
Next to the items are folder types which define under which folder types the buttons are displayed. An example would be the slide show button which makes only sense when a picture folder is opened.
The Action pulldown menu defines whether the selected buttons are added to the Windows Explorer toolbar or removed from it. Just select Remove the specified toolbar buttons or add the specified toolbar buttons to do so.
The Toolbar mode pulldown menu defines when the selected buttons should be displayed in Windows Explorer. The buttons can either be configured to show up when one or more items are selected, or none.
A clcik on the Do It button sets the values in the Windows Registry. The changes are effective immediately, you may need to close all Explorer windows before they become visible.
Here is a list of all buttons that can be added to Windows Explorer this way:
- Burn, burn the selected files and folders to disc
- Close, close the active window
- Layout, configure this folder's layout
- Copy, copy the selected items to the Windows clipboard
- New Folder, create a new, empty folder
- Slide show, display all of the selected videos and pictures in a slideshow
- Include in library, include the selected folder in a library
- Nobody, Makes the selected items private so that other people cannot access them
- Delete, deletes the selected files and folders.
- Cut, moves the selected items to the Clipboard
- Search on website, open the website to view all search results
- Organize, organize the selected folder's contents
- Paste, paste the contents of the clipboard
- Redo, redo the last action
- Remove Properties, remove properties from the selected file
- Rename, rename files and folders
- Select all, select all items in the folder
- Email, send selected files as attachments in the default email client.
- Print, send the selected files to the default printer
- Share with, share the selected items with other people on the network
- Details, Library, Navigation pane, preview pane, menu bar, hide or show
- Properties, display the properties menu for the selected file or folder
- Sync, Sync files with your computer
- Undo, undo the last action
Windows 7 users can download Custom Explorer Toolbar from the official Nirsoft website.Advertisement