Microsoft releases KB4550945 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909
Microsoft released a new cumulative update for the company's Windows 10 operating system. KB4550945 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 brings the builds of the two versions of Windows 10 to 18362.815 and 18363.815 respectively.
The update is an optional update and most Windows customers may want to ignore it for now as it will be included in next month's Patch Day to avoid issues that it may introduce.
Windows administrators who install it should back up the system before doing so to get a restore option that is independent from the options provided by Windows.
- Support page
- Microsoft Update Catalog (direct downloads)
The update is identical regardless of whether it is installed on Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909.
Here are the improvements, fixes, and changes:
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain applications from starting after upgrading from previous versions of Windows.
- Fixed an issue that turned off notifications for devices that use VPNs on a cellular network.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the resuming of Xbox games on Windows after upgrading from previous versions of Windows.
- Fixed an issue that caused boxes with multiple lines of text to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the touch keyboard from showing up during sign-in.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the touch keyboard from opening in UWP apps when USB devices were connected.
- Fixed a issue that displayed incorrect folder properties when the path is longer than MAX_PATH.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the "correct" lock screen from appearing.
- Fixed an issue that generated unexpected notifications related to changing the default application settings.
- Fixed a sign-in screen being blurry issue.
- Fixed a Windows Update issue that caused it to stop responding when checking for updates.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Sign-in optinos page from opening when using the ms-settings:signinoptions-launchfingerprintenrollment URI.
- Fixed a Bluetooth group policy setting issue on Microsoft Surface Pro X devices.
- Fixed a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) stop error on resume from sleep when certain Bluetooth headsets are turned on.
- Addressed a reliability issue in WDF01000.sys.
- Fixed a logman.exe error that threw the error "A user account is required in order to commit the current Data collector Set properties".
- Fixed an issue that prevented administrators from setting REG_EXPAND_SZ keys in some automated scenarios.
- Fixed a memory leak in LsaIso.exe.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trusted Platform Module initialization to fail.
- Fixed an issue that prevented hash signing using Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for TPMs from working correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented programs running in Azure Active Directory environments from receiving account change notifications.
- Fixed an issue that caused the system to stop working with a 0x3B stop code when running binaries with revoked certificates.
- Fixed a Windows Defender Application Control policies merging issue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from changing their PIN after connecting a device to Microsoft Workplace Join.
- Fixed a printing issue that prevented content outside of margins from being printed.
- Fixed a Microsoft Internet Information Services management tools issue that prevented the managing of ASP.NET applications if these had SameSite cookie settings in web.config.
- Fixed a Microsoft Edge issue that caused it to stop working when attempting to paste when cut and paste functionality has been disabled using a policy and Windows Defender Application Guard was active.
- Fixed a Clipboard service issue that caused it to stop working when signing out.
- Fixed a black screen in Windows Virtual Desktop issue during sign-in.
Microsoft lists no know issues.
Microsoft announced some time ago that it won't release optional updates for Windows anymore (for the time being) starting next month.
Now You: have you installed the update? What is your experience?
Optional garbage from destroysoft, 24/7 pushing your patience to the limit. :D
For 1809 too: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4550969
Done. Successfully updated two computers running LTSC and one running Server 2019. All is well (:
Cumulative updates are not a good idea. 400 Mb of mixed bloatware and if you get an error you will never know where is the failure. Every single fix should be released ALONE and DAILY, or minor updates weekley. More or less like Linux, I meant. By the way, Internet is full of articles for the errors, failures and bugs detected in the last two april CU. ;[
I honestly love the cumulative update pack. I can bring 1809 up to date, from any state, by installing one single 300MiB package and a 20MiB SSU (I still don’t understand why they don’t boundle this in the main pack).
It’s SImplix Update Pack for Win10, but official. I never had failures on LTSC while doing any update.
Probably you were right if W10 had also service packs SP1, SP2…, but it hasn’t. ;[
Well, MS kind of ditched the whole SP model with Win7. 7601 was nothing but 7600 with all the updates up to that point. There are close to none user-facing changes which imo is a good thing. Which is why I like LTSC so much.
I miss Windows 7 updates. It was simple.
I installed KB4550945 on 2020-04-21 with no issues noted to date. I suspect it may aid in successfully installing the next feature update, but that is just a guess.
Updated and I am having trouble printing. All printers are not functioning correctly.
Still running 1709 Enterprise with updates and most Microsoft “services” turned off. Think about how much time you wasted updating and dealing with Microsoft bugs over the past two years if you actually followed their suggestions.
You’re right. Probably the worst enemy of W10 it’s WUS itself. However I simply don’t understand why a cumulative update is unable to inform about the successfull installed fixes. I meant, how many fixes are inside, 10, 20, 30? Cumulative update says “failed”, but does it means that all fixes have failed to be installed? In other words, no single fix has been installed at all when it says “failed to install”? This method is wrong, awful and not clever at all, so imho the CU should inform for example “23 fixes have been installed, 2 wrong, 2 failed” or something similar. My sister has two CU pending at his good brand intel7 computer and she is unable to install the most recent one because the other is still pending. This is a complete nonsense, just considering that W10 is still unable to have a list of all minor fixes installed fine despite the CU applied at any time. Sincerely, if you need your computer for serious work, stable work and you have no time to lose in these stupid Microsoft nightmares, just block WUS and keep your live move on! :(
After several experiences of applying new cumulative updates to Microsoft’s OS and experiencing glitches, I have decided to follow the “Belarc Advisor” and apply the update.
According to Belarc Advisor, at this time there is no indication (warning) that an update to Windows 10 (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.778) is required.
Belarc Advisor | Products
In the automotive world there’s a saying: If you want a car that runs at 250 km/h, takes 60 passengers and 40 tons, you don’t need one car, you will need 3 cars instead. Maybe, disabling and erasing countless useless features and settings, WINDOWS 10 still can be used for desktop productivity. Maybe over time Redmond will learn how a touchscreen works. Maybe they will learn what and how to translate to a foreign language. I’m afraid however the smart phone market is lost forever. Just to resume: WinXP/Win7 for desktop, IOS for tablet and ANDROID for smart phone. WIN_10 , which I got preloaded with its annoying and opaque update system to especially serve their WGA, will be reserved for the day I get my Master’s Degree of Science in Information Systems
Hallo, das kb4550945 macht nach der Installation, ein Fehler beim Spiel Mircosoft jigsaw. denn wird die Premiumversion deaktiviert, wobei ich einen aktuellen upgrade habe. Nach entfernen dieses Kb4550945 ist es wieder in Ordnung, mit der Premiumversion.
After installing those two updates:
Whole pc freezes when start playing. Happens like 3-4 times in a row(i quit playing for that day)next day, and day after that,nothing.
So there was good days,until the problems come again.
Yesterday i was listenin spotify via bluetooth-freeze.
Then i went to check system device manager,and there stands that wireless bl doesnt work. Update says that it have latest drivers, but it jusst doesnt work.
Also i updated other devicec,which got never updates. After i updated some intel thing,interface?, I couldnt get forward that bluescreen which offers you several things to fix system, until i get reboot usb.
Now i had re installed windows,and kept those two updates not installed.
See if thinga start run normally.
Here is a list of bsod errors i got this far:
These are in same order i got them, and most of them came more than once.
Unexpected kernel trap, page fault in none paged area, irql not less or equal, driver verifier detected violation, kmode stop not handled, pfn list corrupt.
+Maybe couple more, since i miss the the messages.