Microsoft releases KB4497935 for Windows 10 version 1903 (major fixes)
Microsoft released KB4497935 to the Release Preview Ring and the Slow Ring on May 24, 2019. The cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 fixes several known issues in the operating system including some that prevented systems from being upgraded to that version of Windows 10.
Update: Microsoft released the update to the Stable channel.
A new Servicing Stack Update, KB4502374, has been released as well. Administrators who install the updates manually need to make sure that they install the Servicing Stack Update before they install the new cumulative update.
The update has not been released yet for Stable clients but downloads are available on third-party sites such as Deskmodder. We recommend that you wait with the installation unless it is really critical to get the update as early as possible.
The stable release is unknown at this point in time. Microsoft could push it out before the June Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10 version 1903, or as part of that update.
KB4497935 for Windows 10 version 1903
KB4497935 addresses the following issues in Windows 10 version 1903:
- Fixed the long-standing update blocker that prevented updates to new versions of Windows 10 if an external USB device or SD memory card was connected to the PC.
- Fixed the long-standing issue that prevented custom URI schemes from starting the corresponding application for local intranet and trusted sites in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed an issue that prevented application protocol URLs from being opened when hosted on Intranet pages.
- Fixed an issue that turned Night light mode off when the display mode changes.
- Fixed a full screen game rendering distortion issue when the Microsoft Game Bar was visible on top of the game.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the removal of Bluetooth peripheral devices.
- Fixed Event 7600 having unreadable server name event log entries.
- Fixed an issue that caused guest DPI issues not matching the of hosts.
- Fixed an issue that caused servers to no longer accept SMB connections.
- Fixed a BranchCache issue that caused the feature to use more disk space than assigned to it.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Direct3D applications and games from entering full-screen mode.
- Fixed a Windows catalog file creation issue on 64-bit systems.
- (New) Fixed an issue that prevents applications from launching if folder redirection is set for the Roaming AppData folder and points to a network path.
- (New) Addressed an issue that causes a delay when loading many unsigned Domain Name System (DNS) zones related to the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) feature.
Microsoft lists two known issues:
- Issues with BattlEye Service, an anti-cheat software.
- Issues with loading the Windows Sandbox.