Win a Windows 7 Tablet, Microsoft Press Books + a secret gHacks bonus Prize!
I'm running a competition on my Facebook page at the moment to win a selection of Microsoft Press books and a fantastic Acer Iconia Tab W500 Windows 7 Tablet, which I can assure you is seriously quick!Â The competition runs for six weeks and has some fantastic prizes.Â Plus, if any winner says they're from gHacks there's a secret bonus prize!
Each week will see different prizes with a grand prize in the final week. The prize breakdown and dates for the competition are as follows.
Monday 17th October to Sunday 23rd October 2011 â€“ Prizes 1 copy of â€œWindows 7 Plain & Simpleâ€ and 1 signed copy of â€œTroubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Outâ€ as a bundle for one winner.
Monday 24th October to Sunday 30th October 2011 â€“ Prizes 1 copy of â€œWindows 7 Step by Stepâ€ and 1 signed copy of â€œTroubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Outâ€ as a bundle for one winner.
Monday 31st October to Sunday 6th November 2011 â€“ Prizes 1 copy of â€œHTML5 Step by Stepâ€ and 1 signed copy of â€œTroubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Outâ€ as a bundle for one winner.
Monday 7th November to Sunday 13th November 2011 â€“ Prizes 1 signed copy of â€œThe Windows 7 Power Users Guideâ€ and 1 signed copy of â€œTroubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Outâ€ as a bundle for one winner.
Monday 14th November to Sunday 20th November 2011 â€“ Prizes 1 copy of â€œThe Windows 7 Resource Kitâ€œ, 1 copy of â€œWindows 7 Inside Out Deluxe Editionâ€ and 1 signed copy of â€œTroubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Outâ€ as a bundle for one winner.
Monday 21st November to Sunday 27th November 2011 â€“ Prizes 1 Acer Iconia Tab W500 Windows 7 Tablet with a 10.1 inch multi-touch screen, 2GB memory, 32Gb SSD, 2 in 1 card reader, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 3, 1.3MP built-in webcam, Windows 7 Home Premiun 32-bit and Office 2010 Starter Edition preloaded. 1 copy of â€œWindows 7 Inside Out Deluxe Editionâ€ and 1 signed copy of â€œTroubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Outâ€ as a bundle for one winner.
- People following Mike Halsey MVP on Facebook may enter this competiton a maximum amount of once per week, duplicate entries will not be counted.
- Competiton questions will be posted once on the wall of Mike Halsey MVP each Monday throughout weeks 1 to 5.
- Entries can be accepted from people worldwide.
- All entries MUST contain the full name, postal address and contact telephone number (required by some couriers) of the participant. Entries submitted without this information will not be counted. This information will be deleted at the end of the competition and will not be shared with third-parties.
- All participants must be 16 years or older to comply with competition rules in some countries.
- All participants must be able to receive packages via standard postal mail or by courier.
- People may only win one of the weekly prizes (weeks 1 to 5) and the grand prize maximum. People cannot win two weekly prizes.
- People who have won a weekly prize may still enter following weeks to increase their chances of winning the grand prize, though their entry will not be counted in the week they enter.
- Each weekâ€™s competition will be slightly different to reflect the prizes on offer and may include open and multiple-choice questions and tip suggestions
- Each person must submit a tie-break tip each week on the subject provided, this subject will change each week.
- Entries must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject Competition during the weeky period of the competition, as stated above. NOTE: If this email address repeatedly fails (which it does sometimes) try mike_dot_halsey_at_live_dot_co_dot_uk
- Lost, late or undelivered entries cannot be counted.
- The winner of the grand prize will be selected from the best tie-break tip over the full course of the competition. There will be no separate way to enter during week 6.
- Winners will be notified by email within 6 days of the end of each weekâ€™s competition and will be required to accept their win within a calendar week. Any person who is non-contactable by email, or who does not accept their prize within the time permitted will forfeit their prize, which will be reallocated to a new winner.
- Prizes will be sent by a variety of methods including regular mail. No replacement prizes can be sent for any items lost or damaged in transit and no cash alternative will be available.
- Delivery of prizes can take 6 to 8 weeks depending on the location of the winner and the delivery method used.
- The winner will be chosen by Mike Halsey and judged on the quality of the answers given and their tie-break suggestion. Mike Halseyâ€™s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry to this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
It’s kinda depressing. As do many other bloggers, you require a specific membership – Facebook, in this case – in order to participate. Or, perhaps, a Disqus (?) sign-up even to make a comment. (OK, not you on that one, but you get the drift, I would hope.)
Some of us do not care to give security-addled Facebook the information it requires. Nor, in other instances, do we wish to register for a service just to make a comment.
Not only do you alienate some of your readers, you also deny yourself the [possibly worthy] information they could provide.
If you’re going to publish to a Facebook Audience, do it on Facebook.
If you’re going to have an open blog, make it open.
Restrictions do not make your words more popular.
Its valid for every country? (im from Brazil)
But, if the winner is choosen for the best answers i think im gonna step out of it, cause my english is terrible.
Also i dont have Facebook… and I agree with barney.
Too bad I don’t have a FB account, sniff… [lol]
I don’t have a facebook and I don’t want one. This sucks!
Yea me too, no Facebook here and never will be.
But good luck to all that can enter !
Have a good day.
Theres always a catch with anything Microsoft related
Long time gHacks reader here…. Sad to see that I NEED a Facebook account for this. I don’t have a Facebook account and will never have one as an example to friends and as a protest. Facebook is a closed, gated community that makes profit from exploiting it’s users privacy. gHacks editors you should know better…
Dave I’m sorry for that. This is Mike’s giveaway, not a “Ghacks giveaway”. Rest assured that all of our giveaways will remain free for everyone. Already planning the Christmas Giveaway for this year, stay tuned.
BTW: I had an argument over at MSNBC site because some of the forums/columnists there only allow comments from people with a FB account.
They don’t realize how many good comments they potential lose because a lot of people choose not to participate in the FB cult.