Nitro PDF Reader 2 Final Released
When it comes to pdf readers Windows users have lots of choices. From Adobe Reader over third party alternatives such as Sumatra or Foxit Reader to built-in pdf readers in browsers such as Google Chrome. When it comes to creating pdf documents, the choice shrinks significantly.
Nitro PDF Reader has received lots of praise in the past for its pdf viewing and creating capabilities. The developers today have released version 2 final of the program. A lot has changed compared to the previous version. Among the new features are browser plugins for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, a new thumbnail handler for Windows Explorer (32-bit) to generate better pdf previews and support for layers and rendering transparency in pdf fles.
The Nitro Reader features include abilities to fill out and save PDF forms, stamp a signature on a PDF, extract text and images, comment, highlight or strikeout text, and more. New enhancements to 2.0 include:
· QuickSign – import a scanned image of your handwritten signature to sign documents electronically in just seconds
· Microsoft Office Interface – Unlike other PDF Readers, the Nitro PDF Reader uses the same interface as Microsoft Office products, so users know exactly where to find things
· It’s faster – files open instantly, PDFs are created 4x times faster
· It’s lighter – using much less RAM in its runtime, even with multiple PDFs open
· Files are lighter – now the PDFs you send are half the size
· Browser integration – you can open and save PDF in popular browsers like IE 9.0 and Firefox 4.0 without having to switch back and forth between software programs
According to its developers, Nitro PDF Software is now creating pdf documents up to four times faster than its predecessor. It also lighter on computer memory and creates pdf documents that are lighter in size. A short test opening some pdf documents showed that Nitro PDF Reader 2 is about as fast as the lightweight pdf reader Sumatra when it comes to opening pdf documents. Keep in mind that the program offers additional functionality for viewing and creating pdf documents, that Sumatra does not offer.
Several issues have been resolved in the new version, including a memory leak that increased the memory usage during usage and a issue where multiple Nitro processed remained running on the system.
You can access the release notes of the new version here, provided in a pdf document.
Nitro PDF Reader 2 is available for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows client and server systems. The developers recommend one Gigabyte of ram and at least 300 Megabytes of available hard drive space.
You can download the latest version of Nitro PDF Reader 2 from the developer website. It is offered as a 32-bit and 64-bit version.
Update: Nitro PDF Reader 2.3 has been published. Read our review of the new version here.
Update 2: Version 3.0 of Nitro PDF Reader has been released.Advertisement