Firefox 4 Mockup Theme For Firefox 3
The designers and developers of the Firefox web browser have shown several design mockups of future Firefox versions in July. These mockups have since then been the source of inspiration for Firefox theme developers who tried to create a theme that would look like one of the possible future designs of the web browser.
The Strata 40 theme for Firefox is probably the most complete theme yet as it combines not only a Firefox theme but also add-ons and userscripts that need to be installed to look like the Firefox 4 design mockup. Several versions of the theme are possible depending on the add-ons and scripts that are installed next to it. This somewhat reflects the various designs that have been posted by the Firefox designers (e.g. tabs on top or normal position for tabs).
Links to all add-ons and userscripts that are needed to make the theme look similar to Firefox 4 designs are posted on the theme's page at the Mozilla website. Here is the list for your convenience:
- Download and install the Strata 40 theme.
- Install Strata Glass add-on for glass effects in Windows Vista and Windows 7. [optional]
- Install Personal Menu add-on for Bookmarks and Tools buttons in the toolbar. [optional]
- Install Fisson add-on for progress line features. [optional]
- Install the Stylish add-on and the Tabs on Top userstyle to move the tabs to the top of the web browser. [optional]
- Install the Omnibar add-on to add search functionality to the address bar. [optional]
The result is a elegant theme for the Firefox 3 web browser.Advertisement