Free McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008
McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008 retails for $39.99 for a one year license normally but you can get it for free for a limited time. It runs on computers with Windows 2000 or newer Microsoft operating systems including Windows Vista and protects your system from various threats such as spyware, viruses, trojans and phishing.
I personally do not install software like this especially if it has Norton / Symantec or McAfee written on it. Still this might be useful for some and it is free after all. Here are the steps that you need to do: (Thanks to Raymond for finding another great offer)
Visit the Natwest website and click on the huge banner at the bottom saying Free PC Security, Protect your PC for 12 months with McAfee VirusScan Plus. This will lead you to a McAfee website that has a Register Now button. Click on that button and fill out the registration form.
McAfree VirusScan Plus 2008 Features
- Safe Search, Safe Surf. McAfeeÂ® SiteAdvisorâ„¢ adds ratings to websites to help you avoid online dangers.
- Home License Subscription Service. Automatically delivers the latest software features and threat updates and lets you easily manage security subscriptions for all your PCs.
- Stops Viruses. Blocks and removes viruses and even stops them before they even get to your PC.
- Stops Hackers. Protects and conceals your computer from hackers.
- Blocks Spyware. Blocks spyware before it installs on your computer and removes existing spyware.
- Improves PC Health. Cleans clutter off your computer so it stays healthy and secure.
It requires your name, email and a password. You might want to uncheck the options below the form so that you do not subscribe to those newsletters. Click on the I Agree button to proceed and in the next window on the Go To My Account button.
This should load the account window and you should see the McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008 subscription in a table on that page. A download / install button is available in the same row, click that button to download the file DMSetup.exe and execute it when the download is finished.
You should be automatically logged into your account, if not the option is given in the tool. Just click on the Download button to download the real product which takes a while. Once the download is completed you click on Install to install the product.
The Register Now link is not working all the time. My first test through up an error message. Just try it again and it should work after all.